Imperial stockists in Sydney? (and other denim spots in Melbourne/Sydney)

sfiction

Hey guys, wondering if I can get some help here.

I'll be going to Sydney & Melbourne in June/July. Does anyone know where I can get Imperial denim in Sydney? (i know you can't get them in Melbourne).

Also, any other good places to get denim over in these 2 cities? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

"Another"

13b burton st Darlinghurst

(02) 9360 0533

This in inner sydney. Also, nextdoor is a mad sneaker store called Footage which you should definitely check out. Good luck bro! I wish they stocked that shit in Melbourne. I gotta take a trip up to Sydney some time...

Keep the Funk alive

Quote:

I haven't seen Imperial in Melbourne yet.

Best place for denim in Melbourne would be Dakota 501.

http://www.dakota501.com/

--- Original message by trinket on May 17, 2006 06:22 AM

Seconding Dakota 501, pretty much a one-stop shop for denim/fun stuff. Edwin, Evisu, LVC, Lee, Wrangler, Nudie, all sorts.

Check out the Nudie store on Little Collins St. For some reason, they have fewer washes than Dakota, but they do have a greater size range.

There's also a new - new to me, at least - Diesel flagship store that's off to one side of the Melbourne Central complex, if you like Diesel. Girls' stuff on the ground floor, guys clothing next floor up.

Melbourne Central also has G-Star, which is obviously not super high-end, but they're always nice people in there, so I figure I'll give 'em a plug. A couple of floors up is Anton's, which has nothing to do with denim, but it's pretty wild.

Quote:

Imperial needs to get its shit together and get several US stockists, and from what it sounds like, Australian stockists, too. These jeans are too cool to be so hard to get.

--- Original message by minya on May 18, 2006 09:39 PM

or are they too cool because they are so hard to get? do you think they do it on purpose? i'm sure they aren't having any trouble selling their jeans, maybe they don't produce enough for tons of stockists.

I really like my dukes a lot.

me too.

like underground bands, they don't seem quite as cool when everyone owns them.

i like my apc's, nudies and sugarcanes but am fine with other people wearing them. i'd like to keep imperial more obscure, though. makes it feel like it is more "yours" I guess.

When brands get bigger they tend to cut corners. I think the denim that imperial uses is right up there with Warehouse. The irregularity of the yarns is showing great vertical contrast. We will see how good the indigo is after the first wash. But although I hype the shit out of these jeans I think the need to improve the stitching a little (also more stitches per inch would be nice) and the back pockets are a bit too big.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on May 19, 2006 at 08:18 PM

Since this conversation has diverged to good denim stockists in Melb and Syd, I suggest Capitol L or Orson and Blake in Sydney... they stock Mjolk denim.

Whilst Dakota 501 in Melbourne has a breadth of stock, it doesnt make for a nice shopping experience. The music is loud and horrible and the change rooms are really cramped. I suggest maybe FAT, Cactus Jam, Husk or Crimson Phoenix.

Quote:

Since this conversation has diverged to good denim stockists in Melb and Syd, I suggest Capitol L or Orson and Blake in Sydney... they stock Mjolk denim.

Whilst Dakota 501 in Melbourne has a breadth of stock, it doesnt make for a nice shopping experience. The music is loud and horrible and the change rooms are really cramped. I suggest maybe FAT, Cactus Jam, Husk or Crimson Phoenix.

--- Original message by monsieur moose on May 19, 2006 10:22 PM

Re: Dakota 501, very true. I like a fitting room with a lockable door at the very least - a stall with a curtain doesn't really cut it. I must tune the music out, as I couldn't say whether it's good OR bad.

Cactus Jam I'm familiar with, but what labels do they offer at FAT, Husk and Crimson Phoenix?

Does Melbourne have any APC jeans stockists?

no i dun see any APC jeans stocklists in melb.

Yes! dekata 501 has the widest range of jeans such as nudie, prps, lee, levi's ( high end, such as red-loop,LVC), G-star, Edwin, Evisu and Diesel.

When r u coming to melb. I dun think its good time for shopping right now, wait until the begining of July. mid-year sales commence at that time.

• 4 weeks later...

you forgot someday on swanston street (stocks supreme, nbhd, etc)

one store in little lonsdale between queen and elizabeth called aedes (stocks bape and other hk brands)

one more store in paramount (stocks bape, nike etc)

you forgot someday on swanston street (stocks supreme, nbhd, etc)

one store in little lonsdale between queen and elizabeth called aedes (stocks bape and other hk brands)

one more store in paramount (stocks bape, nike etc)

Thanks for the feedback!

I've taken pics to add aedes, and I'll checkout the paramount store this weekend. I just need some free time to add the stuff.

• 2 months later...