Am I on the right track...take 2?

luke71

I posted that "let me get this straight" but soemthing went haywire. My post isn't there, nor my name.

Anyway in short, I'm new but am I on the right track, I've spent some time reading the FAQ's and posts so here goes:

1. I've had a pair of Diesel, Shazor- a low rise bootcut, W30/L30 for 2 months & not washed them yet. I've bought some starch and have sprayed on the back of legs and crotch.

Q - If anyone knows this jean will I be able to get whiskers & honeycombs, or does it have to be that raw stiff denim?

Q - So I try not to wash these for at least 6 months and if I want them shrinked I wash in 40 - 60 degrees which also makes them lose more colour and hence stronger contrast in whiskers or I wash in cold and retain more dye & they don't shrink but the longer you hold of on 1st wash the better the whiskers etc? True?

2. I just went and tried to look at some Nudies in Urban Outfitters in London, they had bugger all styles. So I went to Edwins and tried on Nashville/GreenVille & Wayneville. Now If what I'm after is a pair of raw denim jeans so I can wear them in and get true whiskers & honeycombs.

Q - Is the fabric of those edwins what I'm looking for?

3. Is Dry, Grey and Raw the same thing? I'm a bit confused here.

4. I really like the look of Nudies, espicially the olas & RR DS. The problem with those Edwins was the rockabilly style, which I don't mind as much but the rear was all pointy, like I had a triangle in my pants(No other way to say it)

Q - Are any of the Edwins similar to RRDS? (I haven't tried on any RRDS)

Q - Where is the best place to try on Nudies in London?

Sorry if this is too much but I'd appreciate any help. Am loving the site and have just found an undiscovered obssession for jeans....

Cheers

hahahahahahahahahahahaha...

another convert....

for 1. it will get whiskers and honeycombs, but probably not to the extent that you see here.

wash them when you cant stand it anymore.

2. yes

3. i dont know, im in the usa.

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

3. Dry and Raw= same

Gray in regards to Nudies means graycast raw denim

4. We look to Los Angeles For the language we use London is dead London is dead London is dead...

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

Edited by denimdestroyedmylife on May 16, 2006 at 09:53 AM

In response to your Diesel query (since we stock gobs of it at the store I work at), are your Shazor's a lighter medium blue color with small patches of white paint and distressing? Or are they a dark, stiffer denim with crinkles behind the knees? Those are the two more current styles of Shazor that I am aware of. If they are the lighter version, you will be somewhat unlikely to get much from starching them, as they have already been heavily washed and lost the majority of indigo they are going to lose. If they are the very dark stiffer model, then you will get good effects from starching them, if the honeycombing is what you are looking for.

That being said, the indigo on them is likely synthetic, so you won't be getting quite the fade you are seeing on a lot of the posts in this forum (specifically with the sugarcanes and 45 rpms).

"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star" - Nietzsche

Damn, that was quick guys, just went to grab a beer and 3 posts already, cheers!

Thanks Derdankhund - they are the dark stiff ones. Would you Hot Wash for them to lose a bit of colour?

Thanks to the others. Yes I think I am converted, now I wish I was bloody rich!!!

i wouldn't hot wash them until absolutely necessary...maybe a cold delicate rinse if you feel they really need it...they did have crinkles pre-creased into them when we sold them...

basically all this info on raw denim care can be found in the denim tips section at the top of this forum...check out the natural vs synthetic indigo post to find out a little bit more about the dyes

"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star" - Nietzsche