Using a Dryer

Is there any downside to using a dryer to shrink the jeans back into the original shape and get rid of the smell? I threw my jeans in the dryer for about 20 minutes with a dryer sheet and it worked great but can I still get a good fade? Im two months in and dont want to wash em just yet, so I figured throwing them in the dryer would be okay.

"Patience, both we and our words are overproduced by influence"

Makes complete sense what syb said . Although the bacteria that would be come from a body that is 90 degrees or less the dryer heat if used on high might kill them .

I've tried to put jeans in the dryer to remove smell , thought it worked , smell was back worse than before 2 days of wearing .

if you're worried about bacteria, you could mist with lysol.

but in all seriousness, a romp in the dryer inside out wont do any damage to your jeans, but if you want to get the shape back better, you might have tolightly spritz them with a water bottle, this will make the fibers contract more

Masochism at it's finest.

There are probably a lot of yeast there too. Detergent kills microrganisms by lycing cells or by pH extremes or by mechanical action. A dryer will kill them by extreme heat, and dehydration. Other people have mentioned putting jeans in bag in the freezer. This will kill cells by lysis as well. There will still be some cells that survive the freezer and the dyryer, but they will be fewer than there were before.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

I agree with your views on detergents but i'm not quite sure about the freezing aspect. Freezing can kill cells if frozen quickly, the intracellular water freezes and the cell is destroyed. Freezing slowly allows for water to leave the cell and is frozen extracellularly which preserves cell.