Superfuture Denim?

greentea

Guest Berget__

I would like.

*regular/loose tapered fit

*Cinchback

*Suspender Buttons

*Multi-colored selvage on outseam, coin-pocket and inside of waistband

*15-16 oz EXTREMELY slubby and streaky natural indigo denim.

*Gold buttons

*no pocket stitching

*felled inseam

I aint gotta get money man money get me

Edited by Berget__ on May 14, 2006 at 10:22 AM

nudie RR or SS fit

at least 13.5 oz demin (well 12 if it's APCesque)

not necessarily multicolor selvedge, but something other than red

either no pocket stitching or something really simple and understated like dior homme scar

full sized pockets (what is the deal with nudie and apc and their shallow pockets?)

standard (a little bigger than nudie/APC size) coin pocket

this last one i'm torn, sometimes i'd rather zipfly over button (only when i really need to use the facilities)... (=

Guest jeffvyain

on all the button flies that i've ever had, once you take out the top button, if you just yank on em, the button pop right out of their holes and you're ready to free willy. buttons are just as fast as a zipper if done properly

Quote:
Quote:

The ultimate jean would be low rise with a fitted seat with all the details of late 40's 501XX.

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on May 14, 2006 10:21 AM

agreed

--- Original message by minya on May 14, 2006 12:19 PM

me too.

btw, guys. i will be receiving some very high-quality 14 oz. selvage next week. dark indigo color.

i am going to make a low-rise, fitted seat, slim thigh, straight leg jean.

button-fly, with felled seams throughout (no overlocking).

will post pictures when i'm done.

i will take suggestions too!

http://mizanation.blogspot.com

I third serge's, hidden rivets are a must, and some nice sturdy hardware. Maybe have the button fly have like buffalo head nickels or something similar... like the Red Mood wallets. Maybe like a hidden skull and crossbones logo, so that when yoy wear them in it shows. Maybe hand numbered and they came with a best of superfuture book... which contains all the nice denim fades and all the knowledge from Paul, ringring, serge, etc.

i want nothing less than 14.5 ounces,14.5 and above, tapered fit, like samurai meets apc new standards,rigid, no sanforize please. multi color buttons,hidden rivets. selvedge line would be wide,like on julian red calis so they know you mean business..

-100% pima cotton

Edited by greentea on May 14, 2006 at 02:06 PM

Quote: on all the button flies that i've ever had, once you take out the top button, if you just yank on em, the button pop right out of their holes and you're ready to free willy. buttons are just as fast as a zipper if done properly

yeah, but i wear my jeans with belts... without... it's a bit of a pain if i dont unbelt to button back up. or dealing with the belt if i'm in dire need.... but otherwise buttonfly is quick too, just not as quick as zip fly soemtimes.

all seams felled.

major seams chainstitched / waistband, pockets, j-stitch single needle.

hidden back pocket rivets.

no-scratch rivets elsewhere.

thick cotton thread.

mid- to low-rise w/ fitted seat.

good sized front pocket bags (a la imperial)

wide belt loops

plain old ecru selvage.

I try not to have an ideal jean. It seems to degrade how much I appreciate the new styles out there if I have one particular goal in mind. As it is, I love the Rag&Bone jeans, and I hope to pick up whatever the craziest shit I can find is in Japan when I get to stay there (the Pure Blue Japans look awesome, I love the fabric on the AIs.. totally nuts).

It's kind of like girls... I can't have one ideal girl and say "She's gotta be smart, beautiful, knows a bit about history yet not too politically minded, blah blah." I'd rather just meet one and say, "She's great. I like it all."

Adamantium buttons and rivets! Honestly though titanium rivits and buttons would be rad. New Standard / Dior type fit, natural indigo. Super heavy weight selvedge niceness. Plain back pockets. No visible logos etc...

Selling A.P.C. Hipster sz27. Check the link:

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=11447

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Edited by TragicBliss on May 15, 2006 at 09:36 AM

Quote:

Adamantium buttons and rivets! Honestly though titanium rivits and buttons would be rad. New Standard / Dior type fit, natural indigo. Super heavy weight selvedge niceness. Plain back pockets. No visible logos etc...

--- Original message by TragicBliss on May 15, 2006 09:29 AM

titanium rivets would be fully rad. i wonder, though - don't rivets need to be made of a pretty soft metal? so that one head deforms under pressure and locks the rivet in place?

nevertheless - sweet idea.