Chewing gum on jeans

Guest Guy H

Guest Guy H

Got chewing gum on my Samurai's :( I've taken a knife to them to get as much off as posible. There is a bit left in the denim. Is there a way to get it off them or should I just give them a wash and see if it comes out?

I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and

fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

Guest Guy H

Cheers I'll try the Vinegar trick as what is left is well ingrained.

Edited by Guy H on May 11, 2006 at 01:53 AM

PICK OFF AS MUCH AS YOU CAN..

WRAP AN ICE CUBE IN CHEESE CLOTH.. RUB

THEN WIPE CLEAN WITH VINGAR SOAKED RAG.

GET SOME WEIGHT ON YOU LIKE THAT FAT BITCH DELLA REESE.

Guest Guy H

cheers guys. not done them yet. I'll let you know how I get on

Check your local hardware store, they should carry gum remover. Comes in an aerosol can. You spray it on and it deep freezes the gum but doesn't harm the clothing at all. You can just knock it off pretty easily after. Working at a clothing store I've done it a thousand times. The worst you'll have is a little ring where the gum used to be and that will wear off in a day or two.

Edited by botch on May 14, 2006 at 04:34 PM

Guest Guy H

Ok tried white Vinegar. It's pretty much all out. I used the end of a sharp knife to get the last bits off. The downside is that there is a loss of colour in that area now. may be better after a wash but I'll leave it for now.

• 7 months later...
what would any of you guys suggest for tree sap?. i sat in little bit today pretty pist

Could be a really tough one, talk to a dry cleaners but make sure they are a reputable dry cleaners many dry cleaners can totally screw stuff up because they don't know/care about fabric or how it should be treated.

I think you will need to use a solvent start weak and work your way up.

I have tree sap on some work pants I used for tree planting and it never came out, it is still there and this is 4-5 years later, It looks like a rubbed crazy glue where the tree sap stain is it is a wet looking hard spot on the pants - normal washing won't take it out. I am also assuming this is coniferous tree sap your talking about?

• 1 year later...

hi,

Ok tried white Vinegar. It's pretty much all out. I used the end of a sharp knife to get the last bits off. The downside is that there is a loss of colour in that area now. may be better after a wash but I'll leave it for now.

fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: