Please help with my Blue Blood Dry Goods - NEWB

Hi, this is my first post. So I just got some Blue Blood Dry Goods denim off of your reccomendations, here's some pics:

Photo-0003.jpg

Photo-0007.jpg

IMG_3385.jpg

So they are really fresh, I'm lovin the quality and although I'm 6'9 I can actually cuff them up. I am having a couple issues though.

Firstly, I am a 36 in Evisu without a belt, but these in a 36 are too big to wear without a belt. I want to shrink the waist a bit, but I am afraid to lose the color and all that, I want to do the whole not washing thing like you guys do for a few months at least. Also, the length is good and I am afraid it will shrink so I can't cuff em afterwards.......

Secondly, this is hard to explain, but with my evisus, the crotch area where the denim meets is high up so I can spread my legs fine and all that, feel great. But with the bluebloods, the crotch area as you can see in the pics hangs pretty far down and it is really tight so when i try to spread my legs it pulls my legs back together..........

Can you guys please help out a kid with his first post?

THANKS A LOT!!!!!

Tay

PS Here's my evisu:

evisu.jpg

evisu2.jpg

I need XXL+ cuz I'm 6'9 dawg!

Edited by contaygious on May 7, 2006 at 10:45 PM

Guest jeffvyain

you can wear them up a little higher on your waste to spread your legs or you can just give them time and they'll stretch out and it'll get easier. i could hardly move my legs in my APCs when i first got them, they were so tight, and now i've been skateboarding in them for the past 2 or 3 weeks, so they're obviously not too immobal

HMMMM, I SEE YOU HAVE SOME RACING SEATS AT YOUR HOUSE,

WELL, I DOUBT THE JEANS WELL SHRINK MUCH EVEN IF YOU WASH IT,

SO UNLESS YOU RETURN IT AND GET A TRUE TO WAIST BB, OTHER WISE YOU MIGH JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT

6MT is right. Theres not much you can do to shrink just the waist, and whatever you do it will just stretch back out. If you can still exchange them for a smaller size, that would be best.

nah i can't exchange them, the pics are from the person I bought it from. I got them for 180 shipped and it's too late now, he didn't have a 34 waist and I already wore them some. so what if i wash them in hot and dry them in hot? I guess that would be my last resort right? I just don't want to f up the color too much and lose the cuffs.

Quote:

nah i can't exchange them, the pics are from the person I bought it from. I got them for 180 shipped and it's too late now, he didn't have a 34 waist and I already wore them some. so what if i wash them in hot and dry them in hot? I guess that would be my last resort right? I just don't want to f up the color too much and lose the cuffs.

--- Original message by contaygious on May 8, 2006 09:50 AM

wash and dry in hot will definitely mess up the color. i guess it just depends on what is more important to you, color or fit? if it were me, i wouldn't mess with them. i'd stash them away till they fit me (presuming we all gain a bit of weight as we age) or until i accuire a taste for a looser fit.

or cut the cord and sell them.

update: I threw them in the bathub in hot water for 10 minutes. put in the spin cycle in wash. put in drier for 20 min after it had already warmed up. Now they shrunk a bit in the waist. I still have to wear a belt, but they are much closer to what I wanted in terms of fit. the color is exactly the same as I can tell and I don't plan on washing them again for a long long time. the length isn't too much different either......I'm happy!

The only thing now is the middle crotch part is still too low and pulls my legs together, but I wear them a little higher you like suggested and hopefully over time they will be more comfy.........

ahhh blue bloods....i got 34/32 and im 6'2 and the length was pretty short...so i still am working on them its been 5.5 months..theyre some fading and its actually loooking pretty good...the material is great but i kno if i wash them theyll never fit....i got a pair of rescues waiting to be serviced..since the length is too short i have to wear them baggy...i def htink other companies do better sizing and overall construction....but blue blood denim is top notch

ak

I don't know how to post the picture. hehe Anyway i forgot to measure my jeans before i soaked them and tumble dried. fit much more better aprroximately 2 inches in waist. I didn't pay attendtion to the length. Colors is exactly the same.

PS. I got another pair capital E skinner yesterday. Anybody know where can i get a pair of LVC dry?

icon_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...