PIKE BROTHERS Bundesländer Tour 2010-2011

Atzec

I went to Nürnberg again today, to meet with an longtime ladyfriend. We had healthy breakfast at Starbucks. It must be one of the most beautiful starbucks stores in the world.

sany1218.jpg

What I wore today

sany1224.jpg

sany1225.jpg

sany1227s.jpg

sany1233.jpg

sany1235.jpg

sany1237.jpg

sany1239.jpg

sany1242k.jpg

sany1243.jpg

Nothing special, but some more impressions of Nürnberg: the Lorenzkirche and the Henkerssteg (there lived the hangmen, as you can see).

I wish you and your beloved ones a peaceful and merry christmas, I'll be celebrating at my grandmum's, so it will take two to three days till I'm back.

See you soon, have a nice time.

And enjoy this peaceful christmas song to get the right mood:

Hello Guys,

I'm back at last from my grandma. Thanks for the christmas wishes by the way. We had lots of snow and freezing temperatures, but it was a real nice christmas. I hope you felt the same (maybe except the freezing cold).

sany1245.jpg

So - first our christmas tree - my grandparents argue about it every year, but this time it was pretty decent.

Some of my gifts - the whisky bottles are all empty, unfortunately, but I asked for some room decoration and this is what my mum gave me. Cool, eh? And tomorrow I'll pick up a real bottle, you'll read about that here.

sany1247.jpg

sany1248.jpg

My IH 16 oz Shirt. I was a bit frightened that it sould be too big, but it's just about perfect I think. Slimmer would be uncomfortable at this weight. And my grandparents liked it too.

sany1249.jpg

sany1252.jpg

My beloved grandpa, always worried about starving birds in winter...

sany1254k.jpg

sany1260.jpg

Some impressions of the small village:

sany1287.jpg

sany1288.jpg

Don't eat yellow snow. I didn't.

sany1290.jpg

sany1299.jpg

What I ate today: duck again. My grandpa loves gnawing the bones, the best parts as he calls them.

sany1301.jpg

sany1302.jpg

sany1303.jpg

More whisky related stuff tomorrow, I'll visit a store in Nürnberg who stocks up to 1200 different whiskys, and I got some money to spend. See you!

Thanks again, mates.

As promised, I went to the whisky store yesterday and came back with some real treasures. The store itself is the best I've ever seen, there was almost no whisky I know they didn't stock.

sany1321.jpg

sany1322.jpg

sany1323.jpg

If you don't mind, I'll present my purchases a bit.

The first 4 are miniatures:

sany1324t.jpg

Rosebank, 20 yo. It's considered as the best Lowlands-destillery, but is closed since 1993 (?), so I was glad to pick it up. Normally, I'm no fan of Lowland-whsiky, it's very light and floral.

sany1325.jpg

Old Pulteney 12 yo. The northernmost distillery on the mainland. Tastes salty and like sea. At least they say so, and I want to give it a try.

sany1326.jpg

Clynelish, 28 yo. One of my favorite highland distilleries ever. Its whisky is oily, wax-like, and tastes really unique. I got 4 other clynelish's in my collection at home.

sany1327.jpg

Benrinnes 22 yo. I'm curious about this one, it's very rare and said to be a bit peaty (which is rare for speyside whiskies), yet soft and smooth.

sany1328.jpg

This is a big bottle, Mortlach 16 yo. A very strong, sherrylike whisky, highly rated and getting rare, as the Flora and Fauna-Series, that bottles it, is being cancelled.

Nevertheless, I didn't drink any of them yet, as I met with two of my best friends in Nürnberg. One is leaving for India for some months. We were at a pub, run by real irishmen, who look like they like to pick a fight. I had Burger and an Oban as dessert. But unfortunately I forgot about our coaster.

sany1329.jpg

sany1331.jpg

sany1332.jpg

sany1334z.jpg

sany1335.jpg

sany1336.jpg

I also stopped by at my local denim & RW store to check if my 877 have arrived, but they didn't. Two pics for you:

sany1337.jpg

sany1338f.jpg

Bonus: some serious fading around my zippo.

sany1320o.jpg

It was, Thanks guys.

Yesterday was kinda mellow, I took a 2 hour walk with my family. But despite the cold it was beautiful. Today will be moreaction-packed, I'm going to see Pascow live:

[vid]

[/vid]

sany1376.jpg

sany1342.jpg

Made me think of my christmas dinner :-D

sany1349.jpg

sany1351.jpg

sany1353.jpg

sany1354.jpg

sany1355.jpg

My sister and my dad (wearing the 101 Z Selvage I gave him)

sany1359.jpg

Yesterday I went to the train museum in Nürnberg, with my sister, her husband and his little nephew and niece. She was missing all front teeth. So cute :-D

I haven't been to that place since I was a kid.

The first train line in Germany was opened in 1835 between Nürnberg and Fürth, that's why they have this kind of museum here.

Interesting were especially the pictures of workwear.

sany1416.jpg

sany1419.jpg

sany1422.jpg

sany1425g.jpg

Hooray for goat pics!

sany1426.jpg

sany1427.jpg

That's what guys did to impress women in the 1850s.

sany1435l.jpg

That's the first german train and behind, the most modern one. Doesn't help, they get stuck in snow nevertheless.

sany1439.jpg

sany1417.jpg

In this context, I laughed at this 70s commercial.

sany1448b.jpg

Embarassing records and energy drinks were produced to show how cool the Bundesbahn was.

sany1446.jpg

sany1447.jpg

That was the fastest steam locomotive ever, 202 kph.

sany1449z.jpg

What I ate afterwards:

sany1452.jpg

I wish you all a happy new year, even though I hate the 31st December the most in the year and I'm certainly not gonna celebrate the new year, I ****ed up too much to do so. So don't expext any party pics. Take care and enjoy yourselves!

Yesterday I went to Nürnberg for franconian breakfast, although most of my favorite places were closed.

sany1496.jpg

sany1501x.jpg

sany1502.jpg

sany1507.jpg

First try: Hexenhäusle. Second try: Bratwursthäusle. Third try, finally Successful: Bratwurst Röslein (cute Names, eh?)

Guess what I had:

sany1510.jpg

sany1511q.jpg

At night I saw this movie: a real good one (maybe even great), but shitty for the mood I was in.

last-night-movie-poster-550x778.jpg

Now I'll meet a good friend to have breakfast and this night it's back to HH. Thanks for looking guys.

So, how should I fill this thread, when I didn't do anything but work today?

At least, Nate started a little Punk Shirt Week on the IH Forum, so I took some pics of my humble collection, mostly picked up at live shows. Most bands I saw at least twice, that's why there are so many double features.

sany1522.jpg

sany1524.jpg

sany1526p.jpg

sany1527.jpg

sany1529v.jpg

sany1531.jpg

Next, I picked up my IH Shirt from drying. It's stiff as cardbord still.

sany1513.jpg