What Jeans brand is your favourite and why?

dave28

Favourite Jeans Brand ?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Jeans Brand ?

• Samurai
    • Iron Heart
    • The Flat Head
    • Studio D`Artisan
    • Skull Jeans
    • Warehouse
    • Sugar Cane
    • Eternal
    • Pure Blue Japan
    • Denime

Impossible to vote. Each company has something to offer. You can't really compare PBJ with a Studio D'Artisan because their approaches are so different.

However, I'm gonna have to say Lee, Levi's and Wrangler, since they have the history behind them, not to mention all the defunct brands like Headlight, Hercules and Boss Of The Road, etc.

At the moment - Oni Denim.

The denim they use have such interesting hands to them - the slubby, but subtly varying texture is exactly what I'm looking for. Not to mention they don't release new models often, and when they do the quantity is limited since it takes so long for the old master weaver to produce the fabric off that single loom.

The only thing is, the back-pocket stitching sometimes isn't the most attractive...oh, and also there are some cheap knock-offs in Taiwan (using the 鬼印謹製 name) :(

I can't really settle on one company but I have 3 favorites (so far).

1. for me (oh wonder, oh wonder) is Samurai.

I love their denim, most of their cuts, their image&philosophy, their detailing. No wonder I have so many pairs :)

2. Evisu

No.1 denim is very expensive but you get a pair which is really top-notch in quality. With the other companies you will find loose threads and sometimes sloppy stitching. The #2000 No.1 I have is flawless. The all over two-tone stitching is great and the denim feels nice. Also the cut is great. It's an all time classic

3. Warehouse

I really love their 1000XX denim. Of course it's a lot lighter and less slubby compared to most of the Samurai denim I love but these have their own feel to it. The decision of making oxidation denim to reproduce old deadstock denim. Just great.