The Android Cell Phone Thread

herpsky

I actually really want to get the galaxy note. I barely use my phone to actually make calls, but right now i'm on sprint still under contract. so the idea of buying the international(better) version of the phone + contract + early sprint termination fee, is not a hot look. sprint is suppose to get the galaxy nexus, so i may hold out to find out when the hell thats suppose to come out if ever

i've dripped my evo so many dam time onto the street it sad, but not a scratch on the screen and it work the same as it ever has.

also very happy to hear that sprint should be getting the note. just a matter if they will sell it anytime this year, lord knows they take forever to release phones, they are usually like the last brand to put models out for sale

sorry to ruin the party, but I dropped my Skyrocket 1st time yesterday, and it cracked my lcd. It landed on the corner, so yeah I was unlucky.

btw, I dropped my original gs2 countless times, but it had nothing but few scratches around corner.

• 5 weeks later...

it fell out of my jacket pocket. im probably just going to wait, since my contract ends right after the one x comes out.

its probably not worth saving anyway. the sd card is held in with tape, the internal plastic part is cracked and always pops out. lol its lived a long life. it even survived being dropped in soapy water

So I figured out the thing that pisses me off about my phone. The autofocus is terrible. I could just press the button on my iPhone and the picture would be in focus 9/10. On my droid I have to press to focus like 6 times and the pictures never come out as good as my moms 4S. Is this user error?

i have the same problem with the galaxy s2.

so i decided i wanted to fuck with a new rom on my rooted droid incredible... upon finding out that MIUI (http://www.miui.us) had been ported to my device, I decided to make the jump from cyanogen 7. I am extremely happy I did. Not only is this interface gorgeous, everything runs more smoothly, there's a ton of added functionality that I'm still discovering, and my boot time is like 1/4 what it was under cyanogen. to anyone looking to experiment with something new, I highly recommend this rom if your device is supported. that said, i will probably only dink around with it for a few more weeks, then hop ship to ice cream sandwich, which is looking beast as well.

I'll update soon with some screencaps of my layout so you can ogle.

Looks pretty cool. The bottom menu would look way better if it were a phone icon and a chat bubble or something of that sort, though.

I wish I wasn't so lazy and could come up with some sort of custom UI for my phone. I change the background and that's it. I don't even really use widgets.

yeah i did those text icons a while ago and never really changed them. when i hit the blank one on the left it brings me back to home and the one on the right brings the status bar back.

what are everyone's favourite games other than the one's everyone knows (angry birds, line runner etc)? need more shit to play on the bus.

Twiggle is fun for a quick, easy puzzle stacker game. SNESoid is a really capable SNES emulator that works with any SNES rom you throw at it, but trying to play with an on-screen controller sucks and ruins it. Hanging With Friends is Hangman With Friends. Of course, Words With Friends also.