Atelier La Durance... phat Japanese denim (14 ounches)

smartamsterdam

• 2 months later...

I believe they have 4 different models at this time: an 11oz, a 14 oz, a 14oz (?) Carpenter styled jeans, and a newer 'slimmer' fit (which I have yet to go an see). However, la Durance does not use selvedge denim, at least the jeans I have seen lack the selvedge edge. The limited editions they did for Colette was basically the 14oz version, with 3ple stitching at some hems and some fancy gold lettering saying "limited edition for Colette" or something to that effect.

What do I think of them... since I am more a traditionalist (in terms of fit at least), I would prefer to spend my money on repo Levis, Evisu (gasp! from all you members!), Nudies' RR, Denime, and 45 rpm (ordered from Japan, much cheaper than their Paris store). Saying that, I do have a pair of la Durance in the lighter 11oz weight....

icon_smile_sad.gif Sorry, I can't help you regarding the Tokyo store, since I've only been to the Paris branch. The people I saw shopping there looked quite well off, about late 20's to mid 30's... looked like trend followers....

But that shouldn't deter you from wearing/buying 45RPM's if you like the style and fit... It is you who will wear it and d*mn the others who think you are a trendiot... icon_smile.gif

Atelier la durance on the Net: http://www.atelierladurance.com

Hey Downwithianbrown...

you could always go with 45rpm Aihikos which around ~800$ and the Sorahikos which are around ~290$. I'm trying to figure out of I can order them from Japan too. My GF is going to Japan for two weeks in about a week, so hopefully I'll be able to get some intel as well as scope out some Eternal Denim from Japan.