American Apparel Closing?

a bag of it

About damn time.

To be honest I never found American Apparels clothing to be worth the money. The material and stitching of their clothes wasn't that good either. Also, they shouldn't have spent a bundle of their profits on advertising.

*sigh* I could go on a rant about American Apparel for days. Instead I will post a picture of a defiled American Apparel store as a result of the G20 riots in Toronto

20100627---G20-1.jpg

? EVEN if they enter Chapter 7 or 11 bankruptcy, that does NOT mean they are closing. That DF article is talking about them being close to defaulting on loans. Did ya'll even read it?

The larger reality is that very likely Dov will be pushed out as CEO, and AA will start to outsource stuff to China and Vietnam, effectively becoming a different company.....

they make well fitting t-shirts

that's about it these days

I worked there probably 5 years ago, got so much free shit I had to literally give most of it away, and 90% of the employees I worked with shoplifted on the reg...

just saying

I wonder how this will affect wholesaling prices in the not-so-distant future. For independent designers like myself, the investment has always been kinda up-there.

Hopefully this is good news, but I won't get my hopes up.

? EVEN if they enter Chapter 7 or 11 bankruptcy, that does NOT mean they are closing. That DF article is talking about them being close to defaulting on loans. Did ya'll even read it?

The larger reality is that very likely Dov will be pushed out as CEO, and AA will start to outsource stuff to China and Vietnam, effectively becoming a different company.....

They already outsource, just because clothing tag says "made in US" does not mean it's made here 100%. There are laws as far as what % of the actual garment is made in the country in order to label it.

They already outsource, just because clothing tag says "made in US" does not mean it's made here 100%. There are laws as far as what % of the actual garment is made in the country in order to label it.

Ya think? (10)

If simply for what it symbolizes, I will be slightly bummed whenever their giant warehouse removes the AA / Legalize LA banner. My neighborhood will be getting a little more quiet.