Suit Help again.

chinoyboi

I recently bought a beautiful Navy Paul Smith suit. I got the suit in a 42R, I'm about 5'7, I'm fairly thin, I fit into the suit really well. But how long should the suit go? It goes about 8 inches past my waist. Should I exchange it for maybe a shorter suit like a 42S? Or is this okay and ideal? Or should it come up a little shorter? Any help or guides on how a suit should fit will be great.

i used to work for paul smith, there are two main cuts, the italian cut (slim fitting jacket slightly tapered leg) and the portuguese cut which is more of a regular jacket and the trousers are less tapered, but at 5"7" a 42R sounds pretty damn big even it is a slim fitting suit, i'm 5"7" and i wear a 36" chest with paul smith suits..

Sorry, I can't get pics up for awhile. I'm waiting for my friend to return so I can borrow his camera. But I do have VERY broad shoulders... so a 42 is definetely perfect for me in terms of shoulder width... But should I go with a 42S? OR can anyone recommend any other HIGH QUALITY suits for about the same price I got the PS at about $1095, that make suits for a shorter build, but broad sholders

Edited by chinoyboi on Apr 12, 2006 at 08:27 PM

• 2 weeks later...

i disagree... black is very general and very versatile. IT can be worn with virtually any color shirt or tie. I don't know where you're from, but here in the San Francisco area, a lot of fashionably sensible office workers wear black for everyday use.

Italian tailored suits are more slender looking and have a certain look not obtained from english or american tailored suits, it's not the quality, but the design.

I particularly go for designer suits directed towards a younger audience like Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Paul Smith, etc, because they design suits meant for younger people. Like for instance, the Zenga suits are beautiful, but they make me look 50s rather than 20s. Besides, cheaper suits are not well designed and doesn't achieve the type of look that I'm looking for. And they also tend to give a boxy look around the shoulders and body.