visvim FW10-11

martynyarrow

Virgil Folk and Beard Folk in-store this week (Wednesday most likely)

Request form items now all drop in-store as far as i'm aware.

They will be released on 2nd Jan, 2011 (Sun).

By the way, Yom, did you get the current issue (Feb) of "GQ JAPAN" mag? There's an interview with Hiroki Nakamura and the preview of some 11ss items.

pricing list

model top right

parka - 44140

t-shirt - 14490

shirt - 37800

model bottom right

leather (suede) jacket - 252000

shirt - 39900

short pants - 27300

shoes - 45150

model middle right

leather jacket - 273000

coach jacket - 35700

t-shirt - 14490

pants - 25200

model middle

parka - 88200

bandana - 13440

jeans - 26250

Hiroki Nakamura

shirt - 75600

pants - 30450

shoes - 102900

model front left

jacket - 92400

shirt - 42000

bowtie - 17850

pants - 35700

shoes - 30450(?)

model back left

jacket - 165900

shirt jacket - 42000

pants - 29400

I really hate the way visvim is being presented of late in japan,there is this odd JP obsession with western models and it just dosent sit right,they all look like they are in costume,for me its a dis service to the time and effort that is placed in to these products. it makes the line look like something form any number of 'poppy' jp/euro brands it never feels luxuary.Visvim looks its best presented on Hiroki as simply he communicates his vision 100% or shot neatly as still life where the product is the focus of the image.

I really hate the way visvim is being presented of late in japan,there is this odd JP obsession with western models and it just dosent sit right

replace "models" with "culture" and you pretty much have japan down. it probably doesn't sit right with you because you're seeing western culture refracted through the rose tinted glasses that people with a yen (ha) for other cultures always have.

I really hate the way visvim is being presented of late in japan,there is this odd JP obsession with western models and it just dosent sit right,they all look like they are in costume,for me its a dis service to the time and effort that is placed in to these products. it makes the line look like something form any number of 'poppy' jp/euro brands it never feels luxuary.Visvim looks its best presented on Hiroki as simply he communicates his vision 100% or shot neatly as still life where the product is the focus of the image.

I agree 100 percent with this. The products are being represented to the point of parody — it feels as though its utterly antithetical to everything that stands behind the products as well as what is even evident at quick glance.

I can't understand the retarded models either. Makes no sense, aesthetically and for brand identity.

Ok he ain't doing what many 'streetwear' brands do and use the shop staff for modelling - NBHD, BlackFlag, Tenderloin, Supreme. But atleast do something that relates on some level - Kapital, even Bape.

All those guys look like shit. Hiroki looks lost in that photo.

I wasn't even happy with the Sense shoot from last season but it grew on me.

Was sayin' to a homie they should just do an entire shoot with Eric Clapton and be done with it.