vacation advice superthread

eric2019

-go to finland

-one meal at the 24 hour restaurant of my choice

-then 15 minutes of passion on mama's futon

but seriously

i wanna check out scandinavia

Buenos Aires, Valparaiso, Indonesia, Australia, some remote island in the Chinese sea, some remote island in Scandinavia, Hokkaido, Dominica

I have a nine-day break coming up in April.

April 5-13 to be exact. Friends from other universities have their breaks in March.

Some of my classmates are going to Mexico and Puerto Rico but I figured it wasn't my steez.

I could go to the japland but I'm afraid of the jet-lag. I nearly failed a class b/c of my inability to do anything after coming back from a 2 week stay in japan.

I've been to LA, SF, NY, and Atlanta. I haven't been to SF in a while though (3 years).

I have not been to Seattle but I don't think it'll be worth the trip...

I could visit jmatsu in hawaii but i think i can spend time less time traveling and get to tokyo.

I could go to my friend's house in Irvine but that would be pretty boring.

my last resort is going to ny for like a week.

a lot of classmates are just going back home or going to the tropics.

any

suggestions...? any cool experiences?

I'm not in college so going to acapulco or miami beach for wet T contest isn't an option either.

Go to Vancouver. It has great restaurants, nightlife, shopping, and beautiful surroundings. It is truely one of the greatest cities in North America (if not the world). And not only that but it is only a hop, skip, and a jump away from Whistler, which if you haven't skiied yet it has the best terrain in North America.

i don't know if this is a spring break thing at all... but its definitely a good 3/4 day trip, albeit a bit far from the USA.

right now i'm sitting in a reykjavik coffee shop right now soaking it all in. iceland is truly an amazing country. i'm here for the end of winter and done a whole load of wintry stuff, wondering if i should come back in the summer as the country goes through a jekyll and hyde transformation.

right now the mountains are all white and the waterfalls/ geysers/ coastal features and all these geological wonders are truly sublime. i went inside the tundras n all and its amazing how small icelandic nature makes you feel.

May is the official summer season here, but if you come in april i'm guessing you'd see some snow melt away, giving away to jet black rocks n stuff. reykjavik itself is pretty damned sweet, but you can be done with the city in a day. the other times, you would go out on a day tour to see whatever you want, and come back in the evening in time to enjoy the sweet night life.

www.discvoer-the-world.co.uk for more info

i'll end the ramble here (getting a bit carried away). if you're actually curious send me a pm i could tell you a bit more.

Itinerary

Day 1: Buy pucca shell necklace, brightly colored board shorts and frat t-shirt

Day 2: Get tribal tattoo on bicep

Day 3: Fly to Cancun

Day 4: Have pictures taken of you lifting up your shirt to reveal stomach

Day 5: Say "Bro;" increase useage simultaneously with level of drunkenness

Day 6: Vomit

Day 7: Pass out on beach; get severe sunburn; have kidneys harvested

Day 8: Return home

do you surf/dive? Cabo/Carribean are meh unless you do that time of year. Crowd is old as its post spring break, pre-summer season and fat pale mean people will make you cry.

vancouver is actually walkable and not balls cold in april. i second it as a decent place to check out. good shopping --jaks(sp?), RK, komakino, leone; not too exciting compared to nyc. Then again, I don't know the city that well as I've been only a few times and I would never go stag as I'm way too something. (antisocial? serialkillery?)

what about dubai? tons of super annoying slutty girls in big dumb white DG aviators? Really, really tall buildings too. Sketchy beaches too.

I don't really get the SF/Seattle vibe -- it's too earth-day-eco-green-wholefoods-hippie for me.