ARTWORK in NYC

penfold

What's your budget? Unfortunately, this will pretty much determine your options. I'm interested in Laylah Ali, Mark Grotjahn line drawings, Francesca Gabbiani, Christoph Worringer, Simon Periton. These are just a few artists names I can see from my desk, as you would expect, there's a lot of art floating around right now.

Assuming you don't do these things already and are at all interested in doing them:

Walk around Chelsea or browse gallery websites. Check out artnet.com and galleryguide.com to get an overview of gallery locations and their programs. Walk around Williamsberg and the LES as well, there's art everywhere in this city (and most cities!) for every budget.

You unfortunately just missed the Armory, Pulse, and Scope Fairs in New York, but it's almost time for the spring auctions. You can preview most lots in person prior to the sales.

Go to the MFA open studios at art schools in the city, some have auctions, and you can also meet young artists willing to sell their art directly.

Quote:

Can any1 reccommend a good place to buy artwork in NYC....Manhattan if possible. Looking for something different/edgy. Any reccommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

--- Original message by penfold on Apr 5, 2006 12:44 PM

What's your budget? Unfortunately, this will pretty much determine your options. I'm interested in Laylah Ali, Mark Grotjahn line drawings, Francesca Gabbiani, Christoph Worringer, Simon Periton. These are just a few artists names I can see from my desk, as you would expect, there's a lot of art floating around right now.

Assuming you don't do these things already and are at all interested in doing them:

Walk around Chelsea or browse gallery websites. Check out artnet.com and galleryguide.com to get an overview of gallery locations and their programs. Walk around Williamsberg and the LES as well, there's art everywhere in this city (and most cities!) for every budget.

You unfortunately just missed the Armory, Pulse, and Scope Fairs in New York, but it's almost time for the spring auctions. You can preview most lots in person prior to the sales.

Go to the MFA open studios at art schools in the city, some have auctions, and you can also meet young artists willing to sell their art directly.