look at my tshirts

so, i posted these in another thread joking around, but since my dad wants me to get a job this summer to learn some values, i though i would do my own thing. I already have expereince making and selling shirts so what do you think of this shit i made up in 5 minutes. painfully cliche and late or kind of cool. I think they are the former, but lets see what you guys think. theres also the whole copyright issue im sure somewhere in this.

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

Edited by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Apr 8, 2006 at 08:20 PM

No Kyle, no, bad Kyle.........stick to ultra-limited Arab/towel headbands, isn't that your thing?

But.......although any Supreme font shit is usually played, I kind of like the "Suburban" shirt..only problem is that i don't think people are gonna pay for that stuff considering those are all capable of being made with iron-on transfers....

Edited by englandmj7 on Apr 3, 2006 at 05:43 PM

Quote:

to tell the truth, making your own shirts and selling them off is a slow business. you'd need a wad of cash to start with, and even then, you'd only be making so much net profit from each shirt.

get a real job

--- Original message by ikidomari on Apr 3, 2006 05:26 PM

I know, I just need to appear busy, and keep from getting bored and getting stoned and drunk everyday... I can get the capital from pops, i have always gotten him his cash back quick

any comments on the shirts though... im still not sure if they are cool or cliche and too late

and england, not digging the shirts? now thats its getting warmer its too hot to pull of the taliban look... i got props for that, even had some followers.

my favourite things

Quote:

Kyle, might I give a suggestion?

Make a tee with a picture of a Muslim radical in a headscarf. since that is essentially, you.

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Apr 3, 2006 06:08 PM

shit man, that was a secret... Nomad already ordered 50 of them. how did you find out? Since the cat is out...

tali4rz.jpg

my favourite things

I'd buy this shit for sure. no doubt. can I get your autograph? Do they come with islamic scarf/face wrap thingys? everyone in NY and the "scene" is rocking that shit? if it comes with a trendy accesory and is a "all over print" I'll pay upwards of $60 a tee. that's word.

nice.

Quote:

i would fully buy that thornhill all over print tshirt, being from thornhill and all, that shit is golden haha.

--- Original message by sean_ on Apr 3, 2006 06:18 PM

i'm not sure if im serious or joking... usually that is the case with me, but if I do print any of the shirts it will be the thill one. What high school did you go to?

my favourite things

Quote: shit man, that was a secret... Nomad already ordered 50 of them. how did you find out? Since the cat is out...

That, my friend, is a Sikh, not an Muslim....BIIIIGGGG difference; because if you ever mix them up in front of a Sikh he will eat your face.....seriously......You uncultured bastards.

Edited by englandmj7 on Apr 3, 2006 at 06:40 PM

I know, I know... I tried to get the rights from the Sikhs, but they just wouldn't budge, but the Muslims were down... Didn't think anyone would notice. This dude let me put him on the shirt, all he asked in return was some shirts for his kids.

kyle6bv.jpg

Sean, I went to westmount. This place is full of dudes from Toronto, which is nice.

my favourite things

Edited by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Apr 3, 2006 at 06:45 PM

I still can't tell if this is a joke or not, but it appears that you're simple

A: Stealing copyrighted photos / album covers and putting them on shirts, or

B: Copying already in-print designs. That thornhill shirt looks just like that one sweatshirt. Then again, perhaps I'm missing the joke.

Hopefully.

i t a l i c s f o r l i f e

http://www.liarsliarsliars.com

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Make one with a badass picture of Eric B. & Rakim on it, and make it not gay like the ones on eBay or the Obey one. That will sell. That on a brown shirt, I'd buy.

I'm like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin'

Quote:

I still can't tell if this is a joke or not, but it appears that you're simple

A: Stealing copyrighted photos / album covers and putting them on shirts, or

B: Copying already in-print designs. That thornhill shirt looks just like that one sweatshirt. Then again, perhaps I'm missing the joke.

Hopefully.

--- Original message by Servo2000 on Apr 3, 2006 07:21 PM

I'm not sure if its a joke or not either, seriously... and did you just call me simple?

by the way, what album cover did I steal, and what sweatshirt are you referencing. It was a tshirt that I bit, by the way (kind of, thornhill is my hometown)

and Servo, I saw your style in wdywt and i dig it, very pete doherety/european/luxurious rockstar, and i wouldnt expect you to did these shirts, based on your style...

my favourite things

Edited by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Apr 3, 2006 at 07:48 PM

print some fucking shirts, dont just draw on with photoshop. and when i say print im not talking about inkjet.

serious.

so many little shites think they own clothing companys just because they went to an office supply store and bought some iron on inkjet paper.. its ridiculous.

if you want to start a clothing line, first, learn how to cut and sew.

second, learn how to screen.

third,learn how to make something interesting combining the two above.

obviously your shit is a joke though.

but stil, i aggree with you, its ridiculous how many kids think they own a ''t shirt company''.

twats.

Thanks for the props on my loook, but I'm not too into "graphic" tees myself. I used to silkscreen my own shirts awhile ago, but I haven't really come up with anything recently to bother printing.

I agree with Thomas Highstreet on some points, but not quite as harsh, perhaps.

Look, I'm going to say one thing right now: if you didn't take these photos and didn't ask for the rights to use them from the photographer or publisher or whatever, then you cannot make money with them by selling t-shirts, it's actually against the law.

For instance, one of the shirts still has the "mugshots.org" tag on it.

No can do, I'm afraid.

Secondly, The surpreme shirts check out, since technically it's parody, but since I don't own any supreme personally I wouldn't buy one parodying it. My advice for an up-and-coming shirt brand would be to avoid parodies in the first place, and stick to your own designs.

And finally, the sweatshirt. I can't find it, but I did find the shirt you were talking about. You've got a cool imitation, but again, if you didn't make the font and just downloaded it from site, then using it on shirt = *bam* illegal.

But if you're not considered about the legality or anything, feel free to print something.

Anyway, looks like you're on the right track, but try drawing something! You'll be surprised at what you come up with.

Maybe.

i t a l i c s f o r l i f e

http://www.liarsliarsliars.com