SF and NYC weather - april

dumadiscount

Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in sf and new york in mid to late april?

I’m not sure what clothes to bring – will a blazer/jacket and scarf suffice? Im visiting from Australia, and I don’t have much winter gear and not sure if I need to buy a big fat snow jacket or something :D

Any help appreciated!

its hard to say what its like in SF. it could be sunny, cloudy, or raining (or all of the above), but a blazer/jacket and a scarf should be ok in SF in april. it shouldn't get colder than 55-60 degrees at night. the only thing is that it might still be raining so make sure you have or get an umbrella or rain coat or something.

snow jacket will def not be needed.

April in NY varies between sunny and crisp (40s-50s), rainy (and often windy), and sometimes drop-dead gorgeous. Dress in layers and prepare for possible rain.

SF (much more predictable) will be in the upper 40s/lower 50s (and WINDY) at night, and sunny and quite pleasant during the day, unless it rains.

Edited by zelmo on Nov 28, 2005 at 11:57 PM