Whats good in Houston

neighbor beast

tricky

couldn't find much in city itself

foxden at 540 eldorado in webster isn't too far and has stussy etc.

otherwise

Service Menswear

110 W. Elizabeth

Austin ,TX 78704

512-447-7600

is small but very cool

(and only a 3-4 hr bus ride away!!)

not much help

sorry

(i was there in the summer and did a lot of looking myself)

• 1 month later...

In Houston, you gotta come into town and check out lower Westheimer. A lot of the good stores are closing in favor of upscale boutiques but there's still a lot of good stuff between Dunlavy and Montrose (Liquid, Buffalo Exchange, Taxi Taxi, to name a few). In case you haven't been down there yet, you'll probably like it - feels more like a real city as opposed to the stinkin' concrete suburb that exists over all of the rest of Houston (and the surrounding 25-mile radius area).

Also, if you're ready to drop some bucks on some good stuff, you need to go to M2M on Montrose (just north of Westheimer) and Cotton Club (it's moved over to San Felipe near the tracks). Sometimes Harold's in the Heights has some good stuff - but not too much casual wear.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I'm heading here thanksgiving weekend. staying at the Derek Hotel..anything to do around that area?
its right across from the gallaria and there some ok restaurants in the area as well as some museums.

><><

gallaria has a co op store in it now there are ok options in houston imo.

Yeah the Museums were the only thing that kept me sane while visiting. Somebody fill this thread up with cool night spots... so I don't have to go to some crappy sports bar next time I'm down.

Yeah the Museums were the only thing that kept me sane while visiting. Somebody fill this thread up with cool night spots... so I don't have to go to some crappy sports bar next time I'm down.

There aren't any cool nightspots in Houston.