4 replies to this topic

#1 Sammy Sam

Sammy Sam

bored

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • joined 23 december 04

Posted 12 February 2005 - 02:22 PM

Does anyone know of any boutique hotels in Hong Kong? I know of JIA, but it seems more like apartments. Thanks!

#2 sr20det

sr20det

superbored

• Pip
  • 758 posts
  • joined 14 june 04

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:47 PM

What do you mean by boutique hotels? I think the Knutsford Hotel in Tsim Tsa Shui is pretty good value. Just a block away from the Granville Circuit and a couple of stops away from Mong Kok.
I was a target cause I'm a fashion misfit
and the outfit that I'm wearing brothers dissing it

#3 Sammy Sam

Sammy Sam

bored

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • joined 23 december 04

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:21 PM

I mean a cool (design) hotel, like st martins lane in London or Hudson in NY. We always stay in the same places in HK, just wondering if anyone new anywhere a bit more interesting!

#4 futuretalk

futuretalk

semibored

• Pip
  • 104 posts
  • joined 16 november 04

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:25 PM

boutique hotels basically refer to hotels that have a theme to it...like here in SF there's a company that runs a line of boutique hotels called the Kimpton group...among them, Serrano hotel has a "games" theme to it. The hotel lobby has chess boards, playing card, backgammon. The rooms have all sortsa games and board games u can play(most of em if u open it u have to pay though! :( ). And the other one I know that is also run by them is the Sir Francis Drake hotel which has a European shakespearan(whatever the name for that era was) age theme. The guys standing outside the hotel to open your doors etc. are all dressed in funny olden days European costumes.

#5 brian_k_lee

brian_k_lee

bored

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • joined 01 march 05

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:37 AM

to be honest, there're no boutique hotels in Hong Kong! There're tons of very luxury and grand hotels. The reason why there're no boutique hotels in Hong Kong is because Chinese don't really like that kind of style and design within a hotel, that's probably why Hong Kong don't have any boutique hotel yet. It would be really really cool if there's one!