Some Advice Needed

I J F

I like it. It's not something that I think I would wear myself but I could see this selling. Depends on the price point though. If you can keep costs down and put it out in a range of colours you might be able to tap into the kind of market that made Swatch such a big seller. On the other hand, the styling kind of reminds me of Prada Sport (particularly the white version) so you might want to price it as a mid range to premium good. A limited range of colours might work best in that case.

The packaging is excellent, and the photo where the belt is coiled like a snake really sells it. I'm not sure if the shirtless male model shots or jeans and streetwear work though. I think the styling of the belt would be best accentuated with sharply attired skinny boys and skinnier girls. Get that Hives / Carlos D from Interpol demographic.

Edited by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on Dec 17, 2004 at 11:31 AM

hey, I'm just curious... But In your whole Toronto thread you said you had no capital to start anything up. So I was just wondering where you got the funding then to design the belts, make prototypes and take what look like semi-professional modeling shots for them?

Yakboy, thanks for the kind words I appreciate it man. Yah Im not a fan of those pics either really but I had no say in them. Dolo, I had no investment in this I have been working with the Founder since August, on general concepts and information. I then eventually became one of his major representatives in the company and now hold Canadian Distribution Rights. That doesnt say much for a product that has just been introduced to the market. So there you have it, STILL BROKE, Life and Debt! Peace

www.brani.com / www.carpeinternational.com

Quote:

Yakboy, thanks for the kind words I appreciate it man. Yah Im not a fan of those pics either really but I had no say in them. Dolo, I had no investment in this I have been working with the Founder since August, on general concepts and information. I then eventually became one of his major representatives in the company and now hold Canadian Distribution Rights. That doesnt say much for a product that has just been introduced to the market. So there you have it, STILL BROKE, Life and Debt! Peace

--- Original message by I J F on Dec 17, 2004 02:35 PM

they're not bad, looks a bit chunky though and basic colours work best with guys, although if you do the femme version, colour selection to match shoes and bags wouldn't be bad. i'd pair it with exec travel gear.

a good marketing strategy can always work to make the product move and sell. you may have to go check major department stores out and meet with their buyers, show them the pictures, the real stuff and well, keep this going for a bit until you get a hit. icon_smile_wink.gif

or send some around to major canadian fashion magazines and/or have their stylist work the belt in on some of their shoots. even when the product's just introduced, you've gotta follow a master plan, man. and you need to move fast once you get good response on the concept as others might cash in on the belt idea and produce something in ... you never know ... leather?

--isla maiaicon_smile_big.gif

baby, we're all beautiful!

--isla maia

Isla Maia, thanks again for the kind words, I appreciate it. Its a bit of a coincidence that you say for the females we should release bags because our bags will be released around february. They are a similair style and concept to the belt and should be interesting to get see the feeback. In regards to someone else taking this cocept it is pretty well protected with a world copyright although we know in these times that still says nothing, however if it means anything to you it is protected. The material is Dupont same material as BMW door handles and a lot of store owners are liking the fact that no animals were harmed to produce this belt as opposed to leather, Thanks again,

IJF

www.brani.com / www.carpeinternational.com

Quote:

Isla Maia, thanks again for the kind words, I appreciate it. Its a bit of a coincidence that you say for the females we should release bags because our bags will be released around february. They are a similair style and concept to the belt and should be interesting to get see the feeback. In regards to someone else taking this cocept it is pretty well protected with a world copyright although we know in these times that still says nothing, however if it means anything to you it is protected. The material is Dupont same material as BMW door handles and a lot of store owners are liking the fact that no animals were harmed to produce this belt as opposed to leather, Thanks again,

IJF

--- Original message by I J F on Dec 21, 2004 03:26 PM

hey, if you make bags and really cool one, let me know! i'll be your first client and i'll promote you icon_smile_wink.gif er ... you do have distributors in europe and asia, right?

baby, we're all beautiful!

--isla maia