aNYthing ... for real?

mlproject

I wouldn't put it past anyone to charge that much for a tshirt...

the article brings up some very valid points..I like this part:

"Women's stores zero in on a girl's desire to look good. She wants to be stylish, but the trend of the moment is also what she has been brainwashed into thinking is flattering. The better the clothes fit, the more flattering they are, and that's something you pay for, or what you try to fake. But for men's casual clothes, the cuts only vary so much. What's for sale, at least for young guys who care about these things, is coolness. These men don't want to hear that they'll look beautiful if they buy a certain hoodie or pair of sneakers, but wearable status symbols get them every time."

Quote:

http://villagevoice.com/nyclife/0612,lalli,72585,15.html

this voice article says t-shirts there are $170?! yeah. maybe if steve powers is chillin in the back painting it before you walk out with it.

--- Original message by mlproject on Mar 21, 2006 07:47 AM

aNYthing's own t-shirts cost from $20ish to $30ish (collabs with gdeh and sarcastic) to $52 (the one printed on bullink, in case you dont know, bullink tees are blanks use by wtaps). they stock other labels too, and those, like as four, can indeed cost you $170. that store is mad chill though.

It's not a aNything label. It could however be a collaboration project idk. The KVK is associated with Rockers NYC label. I personally dig the KVK stuff, but I would think twice before buying it since there are Japanese labels that are well made in that same price range.