FAKE LVC ?

nonono

they look fine to me. The patch is the classic 55 one, haven't seen that tiny 'made in the usa' tag before, but otherwise looks totally legit. So does the denim, and the internal rivets, and the colour of the stitching looks as it should be on the 55 reissue.

The internal washing tag is different from those I've seen; none of my LVC has the batwing, instead they have simple print mentioning Levi Strauss & Co Europe. I only have sample and Euro reissues tho; does anyone have US-market LVC to compare?

If I were buying these I would want to see more details, because of those internal tags, which are similar to some on the Thai fakes - none of whihc look like this pair, tho - or I'd ask for a right of return. But if they are fake they are the best I've seen. It is in the nature of things that you can definitevely say jeans are fake, but it's harder to say definitively that they are genuine.

The most obvious question here is, where did you get them? On eBay in particular, if something looks too good to be true, then it is, and you're better to go for a supplier you know you can trust.

Edited by Paul T on Mar 21, 2006 at 02:42 AM

Quote:

they look fine to me. The patch is the classic 55 one, haven't seen that tiny 'made in the usa' tag before, but otherwise looks totally legit. So does the denim, and the internal rivets, and the colour of the stitching looks as it should be on the 55 reissue.

The internal washing tag is different from those I've seen; none of my LVC has the batwing, instead they have simple print mentioning Levi Strauss & Co Europe. I only have sample and Euro reissues tho; does anyone have US-market LVC to compare?

If I were buying these I would want to see more details, because of those internal tags, which are similar to some on the Thai fakes - none of whihc look like this pair, tho - or I'd ask for a right of return. But if they are fake they are the best I've seen. It is in the nature of things that you can definitevely say jeans are fake, but it's harder to say definitively that they are genuine.

The most obvious question here is, where did you get them? On eBay in particular, if something looks too good to be true, then it is, and you're better to go for a supplier you know you can trust.

Edited by Paul T on Mar 21, 2006 at 02:42 AM

--- Original message by Paul T on Mar 21, 2006 02:35 AM

As I've mentioned, I've got quite a few US-market LVC's (55 and 33), and none of them have inside tags like that.

The real thing, made in SF not Thailand, they certainly look better than the current ones. THe oilcloth guarantee patch is better, the belt loops are the correct size. Someone at LVC will know, but these must date from between 96 and 2000. I think the reason the internal tags look like the THai ones is simply because the Thais copied an old version.