guess premium?

Guest jeffvyain

Guest jeffvyain

i just picked up a pair a guess premium jeans on eBay last week, and they just came in... who knows, maybe i'll get chewed out for this purchase, but they were relatively cheap and i got outbid a day earlier in the helmut langs i wanted, so this is what worked... just thought i'd ask to see what people thought of these, as i tried searching and couldn't find anyone mentioning the guess premium line. maybe that's because you all think they suck, who knows...

if i hadn't had my camera stolen i'd have pictures up already. they're tight as hell, but that's why i got them. but here they are on eBay...

[url=" http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7749983584&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1"] <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7749983584&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7749983584&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1</a>

i got them because i was looking for raw denim...and these said they were "raw wash"...probably not raw, but i liked them anyway. if anyone can tell me anything about them, whether they're shit jeans, or if i got a bargain, then hey, i'd appreciate it

-jeff the poor denim newb

Guest jeffvyain

i have no idea. it has a guess premium inside on the waistband near the ass and then on the front left pocket it says guess premium...designed exclusively for marciano...and i looked at their site, and i'm guessing they're probably women's jeans...but i'm not sure. i don't care though. they fit well. that's about all i know about em.

Guest Airjamie

Those are probably the best looking guess jeans ive ever seen, everything else ive looked at has that diesel-looking embroidery and really south beach gay bar distressing. Pretty metro shit.

Guest jeffvyain

yea i definitely agree... all the other guess stuff i've seen is pretty weak. they definitely beat my da'mage that i payed to have tapered...oh, if only i'd have known about dry denim before i ran off and spent 160 bucks on those... anyway, it's a step in the right direction for me.

i do have a question though. these jeans were described as "raw wash"...they are a relatively light denim, but they are definitely a different texture than any of my other jeans. they are kinda slick yet rough... and the color is black but not uniform--kind of splotchy almost, with a little bit of shine. how do i know if they are raw or not? also, if it is raw, how will black raw denim fade? i've seen tons and tons of pictures of examples of the indigo fading but not of the black on this site.

because of the properties of indigo dye, it tends to fade differently then black dyes.

A black pair will definitely not fade in the same way as an indigo pair is what im saying. good results with black jeans are definitely still obtainable.

as for wether or not these are raw, because they have a wash, i would say they are 1 wash due to them still having a sheen

raw denim has not been treated in any way and is usually very stiff, pretty much like blue cardboard pants

if the denim is fuzzy and soft then it is definitely not raw

Funny. I just picked up a pair of similar guess jeans and came to SF to see if there was any news about them.

Mine are a "raw" indigo and look + fit similar to 501's, but hang a little nicer, probably because they're a one wash and not completely stiff. they're definitely not skinny or even slim fit jeans like the ones in this thread but fit me just right, not too loose and not up on my nutz. I picked them up brand new, tags and all, for $15 at my local crossroads. construction seems solid and the denim feels similar to 501's, but a little more smooth and pliable. only thing i don't like is the back pocket stitching, looks like hugo boss jeans, I'll probably remove it.

these are a long way from the nasty stone/acid wash, triangle on the ass guess jeans i wore in middle school.