> Have you ever read anyone else's diary?, And discovered something you didn't want t

Fingathing

I have - twice

I always knew diaries were sacred, and you should never ever read someone else's, but I was the kind of kid who knew that if something never, ever should be done, it was worth trying once.

I read my sister's diary once and only once in all the years we were growing up together, she was a couple of years older than me ... when I was about 13, the only time I ever touched her diary, I just opened it up at a random page to see what sort of crap she put in there, and I read "Well, today I finally lost my virginity! to [i can't remember the guys name but it was a guy at school who I kind of knew]" .. I slammed the diary shut immediately and started wishing I could un-read it.

The second time was with a mate of mine, we were together in another mate's bedroom, playing Mortal Kombat on the Megadrive. He was out of the room for ages having a row with his parents downstairs, and we ended up going through his drawers and found a diary. Obviously we thought it was hilarious straight away that he even had a diary, so, completely not giving a shit about his privacy at all, we opened it and read "I hope I will find a boyfriend soon, someone who will understand me and go on long walks with me and read books with me ... but how am I going to tell my friends? They will disown me" - we were about 14 at the time, and he had always acted 100 per cent straight, jack-the-lad with us. This was a terrible situation to be in - we desperately wanted to tell him we knew and didn't give a shit and he should be himself with us, but we couldn't face telling him that we'd found out by reading his diary. In the end we had to wait until he officially came out, a couple of years later, and then act surprised when he told us. Thinking about it now, I'm sure he worked out that we knew, because from the day we read his diary onwards, we never used casual homophobic epithets towards him, like most groups of laddish 14 year old boys tend to do.

So yeah, don't read other people's diaries. But if you already did, confess what shocking secrets you uncovered.

The Germans weren't cool.

Yeah, not very nice people. They're still awful tourists but at least they don't burn the places they visit and kill all the Jews. That's a major improvement.