Apple iPad

herpsky

yea, doesn't look like a useful tool -- more of like a glorified entertainment interface.. i'd like something that you could draw on/take notes with, something like a tablet you'd write on rather than a tablet you use to look at tihngs/read things.

yea, doesn't look like a useful tool -- more of like a glorified entertainment interface.. i'd like something that you could draw on/take notes with, something like a tablet you'd write on rather than a tablet you use to look at tihngs/read things.

Dude, the presentation isn't even over yet. They just showed a drawing app, and they're demo-ing iWork now...

i'm disappointed with the name, seriously never thought they'd go for ipad. sounds like brand of tampon or something.

Agreed, name is the worst; my least favorite out of all the rumored ones.

Eh, looks pretty cool to me. I use my netbook for nothing but word processing, net browsing, and music, would be nice to be able to read e-books on something like that too. Having to pay for data blows though.

500 bucks? Know where my income tax is going.

Artific is always the voice of reason, even if that reason is ice cold.

This will sell huge, but is more or less useless... cool as hell though, they are talking 10 hour video playback on one charge.

Price is way too high. But this is the proof model of people using shit like this everyday, print is dead concept.

Having to pay for data blows though.

How else are you going to pull data while not using wifi?

Not enthralled with the iPad so far, but keep in mind everything said about it in this thread was also said about the iPod and iPhone when they came out.

Apple did pretty well there.

I still feel like this was a move on Apple's part to assert themselves into a different market—more media-related stuff they want to have power over via the app store. (AppleTV and all that other media stuff was a flop…so who knows how many kids will drop 5 large on a tablet.)

lol my bad, i stopped refreshing coverage.. but after looking at some new stuff, it does seem promising. good enough to bring to class and to have as a supplement to a mac, especially considering the price..

:o

i think more than anything, the apps store is going to propel this thing in a big way. i'm not thrilled with the design, nor the name, and probably won't buy one for 2ish years, still cool though. i'm hoping they lose the black border in future releases. it looks good on macbooks, but on this thing, just seems a little weird.

i'm hoping they lose the black border in future releases. it looks good on macbooks, but on this thing, just seems a little weird.

I thought the bezel was unnecessarily large as well at first glance, but if you think about, it's probably there to keep your hands from covering the screen while holding it.

Consider that the Kindle is $489 and all it does is black and white books. Just saying.

it'll be interesting to see how kindle's sales fare after today's presentation.

I thought the bezel was unnecessarily large as well at first glance, but if you think about, it's probably there to keep your hands from covering the screen while holding it.

yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

it'll be interesting to see how kindle's sales fare after today's presentation.

Amazon's been giving away "free" kindles to customers who buy a shit load of books.