Evisu EU-ED Thoughts...

Bbestsb

I recently bought a pair of evisu EU-ED off of ebay from a dude that got them off YooX.com. I had them verified by Evisu but they still seem sketchy to me.

I'm pretty sure I have read before that the quality on EU-ED is lower then the Hong Kong editions. Can anyone verify this? The pair I got has dented in rivets which i thought might have been a sign of fakes but the rest of the jean looks great... Heavy denim, good wash, selvage, etc...

Any thoughts on the quality of Eu-Ed Evisu's? Anyone else have dented rivets on theres? Thanx for the insight.

Heres a link to pictures. http://photobucket.com/albums/e180/Bbestsb/

They're the second pair. If anyone wants the first pair in the pics theyre a size 30. $180 shipped in north america.

DSC_0299.jpg

doesnt look selvage to me.

and EU-EDs are nearly all overpriced and overated. I can get the same stuff from Diesel or PD&C for much less.

Should have done your homework before buying it.

The rivet is probably a manufacturing/handling error.

Copped is da bestest word ever !

Quite a few Evisu EU-ED aren't Selvage. I found that out myself when I bought a pair, before I refunded it (Nice jeans though)

Look at Serge's sig, there's an example of a Selvage line (look how different it looks to a normal frayed edge)

Click the link and see.

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=userinfo&viewuserid=1205

Edited by Tabris on Mar 10, 2006 at 02:51 PM

Guest Fade to Black

Evisu EU-ED might be overrated and subpar quality...but Pharrell wears them!!! :P

anyone got a pic of P rockin his Evisus, btw?

Edited by Fade to Black on Mar 10, 2006 at 03:00 PM

I'm from Edmonton too, and yeah I'll admit, we have squat for selection. It's sad. Although High Grade has carried Nudies for some time now, but I know what it's like to want something different and exclusive.

I was in HK recently and looked at a ton of Evisus. It's not that uncommon to see a little bit of damage on rivets for certain jeans, and that was in stores like Lane Crawford, D-Mop and the Evisu store. I saw a lot of fake Evisus in the black market districts too, and trust me they really suck. They don't put any effort into those replicas. And many times the gullwing logo is blatantly misinterpreted.

Anyways, the pair you bought isn't selvage, it's just sewn similarly. Don't think selvage is the only thing that matters. Just because they're saving time/money on fabric, doesn't mean you didn't get a nice pair of jeans. But if you don't like how they fit, that's another story.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

Well they were only $150, until I got charged $50 customs to bring them into Canada. And thats the problem, I live in Canada. Edmonton Alberta to be exact and it is impossible to find anything here.

--- Original message by Bbestsb on Mar 10, 2006 01:09 PM

Amen Brother, I live in Edmonton too and I'm pretty sure you can't get Evisu's here.

I'm selling some of my Evisu's on ebay ( user PGH55 ).They are guaranteed authentic cos I bought them in 1999 in London when they were made in Italy and are nearly as good as the Japanese Evis though not quite.( I used to collect Evis and Evisu so I know what I'm talking about !)These are way better than the current offerings and by the way, they are selvedge denim.I have also emailed [email protected] and invited them to check the authenticity if they have any doubts as there are loads of fakes on ebay and Evisu periodically go through and have all listings deleted on the basis they are all fake !

I picked up a pair of EU-ED jeans at an Evisu sample sale last year and was really disappointed with them. The fit was lousy, and the fabric was even worse than Diesel. After wearing and washing them a few times, I was wearing real holes into the legs of the jeans. There is no comparison to a proper pair of jeans like Nudie or Earnest Sewn.

I haven't been there since it opened but IMO that store is a joke. Most stores here are. They jump on what ever is trendy at the moment get a poor selection from the brand, then a bunch of bar star coke heads jump all over it. They should just open a night club over top of henry and kill two birds with one stone.

i think your generalizing High Grade with everybody else imo... i ran into a guy who worked for henry seemed very down to earth and mentioned that they were bringing in stuff like PRPS etc

Quote:

I recently bought a pair of evisu EU-ED off of ebay from a dude that got them off YooX.com. I had them verified by Evisu but they still seem sketchy to me.

I'm pretty sure I have read before that the quality on EU-ED is lower then the Hong Kong editions. Can anyone verify this? The pair I got has dented in rivets which i thought might have been a sign of fakes but the rest of the jean looks great... Heavy denim, good wash, selvage, etc...

Any thoughts on the quality of Eu-Ed Evisu's? Anyone else have dented rivets on theres? Thanx for the insight.

Heres a link to pictures. http://photobucket.com/albums/e180/Bbestsb/

They're the second pair. If anyone wants the first pair in the pics theyre a size 30. $180 shipped in north america.

--- Original message by Bbestsb on Mar 10, 2006 12:34 PM

dont worry those evisus are legit

"Meow.....Bitches" icon_smile_cool.gif

Bbestsb I would think it's because a lot of people don't like the shopping opportunities in edmonton when it comes to denim, or really anything fashion-related for that matter, but I have a feeling it's getting better. The nicest pair of jeans I've seen thus far are Habitual, which are being sold at Aritzia.