tee designs. what you guys think??

witts

i think you should go for a type with no outlines. the type on the key is clearly the best in my opinion.

the gun is the only one that appeals to me in some sense, though i see no balance with image and type, as said, keep it one colour, i would also make the type a bunch smaller and possibly place it elsewhere.

keep in mind that i'm not very fond of this hypesneakerfreakerslamxhype kind of style, so my opinion is really worth shit to you.

if the target group was water, i would most certainly be concidered oil.

knife chase..

the brand name doesnt work in my opinion. it wont last 2-3 seasons tops before terminally dating itself.

its kinda like having a brand name HOT IN 2005, just released in 2006. or SB Wear and all these other temporary brands that have the sole purpose of existing as a means to make the quickest couple of bucks as possible.

but i guess thats the whole point? nevermind me then.

Edited by Ted DiBiase on Mar 10, 2006 at 08:34 AM

]Your "friend" have chosen bad type faces on some not so hot designs. The shirts will probably be very expensive to print as well since they have lots of colors and one even has that gradient.

Edited by Lars on Mar 10, 2006 at 09:03 AM

i used to design and sell tshirts so i like to think i have an eye for this sort of thing. Like previous people were saying, these look like they could become dated rather quickly. I too like the font on the key the best (btw good luck trying to get that mix colour effect on the key shirt screenprinted, i could never find anyone who would do a blend effect like that) The shirts lack some balance as others have said. I guess the thing to do is figure out who youre making the shirts for, these look like a Boxfresh, 2KT sort of style, which most people seem to like. Best bet is to keep on making designs, you'll only get better. This may be a weird suggestion but i found that books on book design are good resources for how to create an aesthetically pleasing design with proper balance, as they deal with font choice, placement, etc. in a manner that is free from all the stylistic preoccupations of books geared towards graphic design.

Um, no offense, but I think that whoever did these designs seriously needs to reconsider getting a new hobby.

In the last several months, I have gone through about 3000 tee-shirt designs, and these fall into the worst category: Poor concept x lack of technique to execute concepts effectively x expensive to print. I agree with the poster who advised the "designer" to look at books on book design (although at this point, reading a couple of dozen books on graphic design wouldn't hurt either. IIRC, the Pasadena Art's Center has graphics design syllabi, including recommended texts on their website).

The only person who would profit from printing these designs would be the screenprinter, and even he would have a moral stain on his soul.

Quote:

Um, no offense, but I think that whoever did these designs seriously needs to reconsider getting a new hobby.

In the last several months, I have gone through about 3000 tee-shirt designs, and these fall into the worst category: Poor concept x lack of technique to execute concepts effectively x expensive to print. I agree with the poster who advised the "designer" to look at books on book design (although at this point, reading a couple of dozen books on graphic design wouldn't hurt either. IIRC, the Pasadena Art's Center has graphics design syllabi, including recommended texts on their website).

The only person who would profit from printing these designs would be the screenprinter, and even he would have a moral stain on his soul.

--- Original message by LA Guy on Mar 10, 2006 10:45 AM

agreed. The font is'nt too terrible, its the execution of.

*unless you have lots of money to print in multiple passes of color, I would go 2 maybe 3; whatever your budget can handle. *I'm assuming you're a start up.

read some graphic/visual design books.

Experimental Typography - by Rob Carter

www.t26.com

www.macdesignonline.com

keep hacking away at it, you'll figure it out.

and the name has to go; it will date faster than last year..

good luck

"Say Word!"

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by LA Guy on Mar 10, 2006 10:45 AM

agreed. The font is'nt too terrible, its the execution of.

*unless you have lots of money to print in multiple passes of color, I would go 2 maybe 3; whatever your budget can handle. *I'm assuming you're a start up.

read some graphic/visual design books.

Experimental Typography - by Rob Carter

www.t26.com

www.macdesignonline.com

keep hacking away at it, you'll figure it out.

and the name has to go; it will date faster than last year..

good luck

--- Original message by brio619 on Mar 10, 2006 11:30 AM

yeah no offense but i agree. the font and the the design needs some fix up. instead of a cursive like font..try a more bold one like your superfuture tee

<3

hmm... in my opinion, "street x hype" is a terrible name.. laughable really.

The gun is the best... but im guessing the illustration was just taken from somewhere, not actually drawn by the person designing the shirt.

The crown is nothing special, rather cliche and passe.

The key i think is really bad.. well, not so much the key as the drops coming off of it.. they look like they are just some generic "teardrop" shape from a program, and the whole thing looks like something made in 2 minutes on a program not much better than Paint.

That said, i realize my tastes differ greatly from alot of the people on here, so my criticism isnt worth as much as that of someone who would be the intended market for the shirt.

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

I'm going to be honest.

The first two designs are very plain, but nice. The name kind of kills it. I generally hate X's in anything that's considered an alias, it just makes it look like a 5 year old's screen name on AIM or something. The rest of the designs are pretty bad though.

Keep the first two, and change your name around a little bit.

I'm like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin'

Quote:

I'm going to be honest.

The first two designs are very plain, but nice. The name kind of kills it. I generally hate X's in anything that's considered an alias, it just makes it look like a 5 year old's screen name on AIM or something. The rest of the designs are pretty bad though.

Keep the first two, and change your name around a little bit.

--- Original message by The Diplomatic Aristocrat on Mar 11, 2006 10:28 PM

the name totally kills it... imagine having your own brand with that name... it just doesnt mean anything to the brand or to yourself... it lacks character and personality...

...imo, instead of coming up with random designs...u or your friend should come up with a trademark that represents your brand that would leave a certain image to ppl...

wiggedy wiggedy wack. but Is the `x` in street x hype pronounced `ex` or `by` or `times` ? icon_smile_big.gif

more like `lame x weak`...

yeah Selegna - I dunno why that superfuture tee is getting so much love - I mean yeah its not even the right font , and prolly the most overdone `homage` around these days.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Edited by MilSpex on Mar 12, 2006 at 12:26 AM