NICE "BAPE" TEE................FROM FRESHJIVE

dagsolo

Quote: That’s the founder of a certain Japanese streetwear brand focused on monkeys washing, and Rick at Freshjive just gave dude the gasface for faking the funk too hard.

Yawn. After 1 whole year and he's still doing the "express my dislike for compeititors" thing?

Getsuga Tenshou

Quote:

yeah, i don't think it works that well ... you could apply that to almost anyone in business ...

I'm sure there are plenty of people in the streetwear world who have done almost as well as nigo

--- Original message by Cue on Mar 3, 2006 08:37 AM

Well, I think that Nigo is a special case because: 1)He has a huge cult following, and I mean cult, 2) His designs (IMO) have been pretty stale for a while now (see ryegb's rant in supertrash - I agree completely - or maybe in was a follow up to the rant on the temporary Styleforum)), and he relies nearly entirely on gimmicks these days. I can't think of another streetwear brand that has been hyped around a cult of personality so much, nor can charge so much for rather mediocre goods.

That said, to design a tee-shirt hating on someone else who is doing well in the same industry is highly uncool. What, does Freshjive give all it's profits to feed the starving in Africa? Gimme a break.

Quote:

first stussy now bape.

freshjive died a long time ago and their using controversy and piggybacking on successful brands to boost their image and get people talking about them again.

its working

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Mar 3, 2006 11:36 AM

people are talking, no ones buying.

http://www.baskew.com

what a fucking joke this company is

read this interview: http://www.digitalgravel.com/finalfjinterview.cfm

"President Bush? Well he needs to be punked in every god given way, until he is removed from the white house. This guy is as dangerous as the Stussy company." - Rick Klotz

"parody series" of tee shirts:

madparody4.jpg

that whole thing with "bad publicity" being good or whatever, that whole thing doesn't apply here.

korn feat. ice cube

Quote:

I fail to see the point of those tee's..

I'm very much looking forward to the Freshjive x Hot Tuna collab though. It's gonna be hot so don't sleep.

--- Original message by Lars on Mar 3, 2006 06:02 PM

thats the problem with Freshjive, they won't use anyone other then in-house designers to make stuff. Maybe if they moved outside the box, and the mentality that everything has to be done in-house they'll come up with something dope.

(note: they haven't always done stuff in-house, they use to put out a few collaborations put they really locked it down a while back.)

http://www.baskew.com

Quote:

I fail to see the point of those tee's..

I'm very much looking forward to the Freshjive x Hot Tuna collab though. It's gonna be hot so don't sleep.

--- Original message by Lars on Mar 3, 2006 06:02 PM

Here's the SNEAK PEEK.. wha' what!

"Hot%20Tuna%20Logo.jpg..X..freshjive2.gif"

Hawt-Fiyah!

*But really, I'm not a fan of Jive. I'm not a crazy bape head either; but bape is still better than jive ever was. they've spent more time ripping people off than bape has been un-original.. so weigh out the the lesser of both evils.

Stussy is still better. IMO!

"Say Word!"

Edited by brio619 on Mar 3, 2006 at 11:49 PM

besides FJ ripping the UN SPACY logo to begin with (Macross fan right here)

Rick is like: `Nigo likes to shop, so lame `, yeah so what? He also was a drummer and I`ve seen him DJ (as DJ Bling Bling All Night) in Tokyo, not at all bad and he definately lives some of the culture he sells to. The shopping fetish also got him the 2nd largest star wars collection on earth. also he was an editor for Popeye mag and knows his fashion.

Back in the `90s in Australia I remember seeing white kids in Freshjive they bought at the local department store and thinking how lame they were compared to the Asian kids with the OG Ape and Nike. This Freshjive guy is pure jealousy.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Edited by MilSpex on Mar 4, 2006 at 12:43 AM

Quote:

maybe you just have yellow fever.

--- Original message by NESK on Mar 4, 2006 01:55 AM

haha. nah coz when my parents wouldnt buy me expensive sneakers I thought the white kids with Jordan VIIs in my junior high were the shit too. I dont give a fuck who you are: its what you wear. icon_smile_big.gif

Quote:
Quote:

never liked freshjive. after reading that now i fucking hate it

--- Original message by witts on Mar 3, 2006 03:00 PM

freshjive just added me on myspace..... theyre lurking

--- Original message by witts on Mar 4, 2006 05:16 AM

haha. the internet is creepy.

Hey Freshjive, stop bitching about what all the brands that are more successful than you are doing and do something `fresh`.

I don't know much about FreshJive to begin with, but after reading that interview and where he is dissing Nigo, I know this guy is full of himself. He's just butt hurt that all these other labels are doing better than him, and all he can do is Playa hate. What a little whining bitch this Rick Klotz is.