Shop Owners/Shop Wokers...

Proletariat

What do you do about the unwanted people who come in your store? Yesterday I had this dude acting afool in my store...boasting first in a british accent, then later sounding like he was from the Bronx, trying to pop and lock in front of me, and then doing some sort of a gorilla charge across the shop. I just tried to ignore him at first, but the fool wouldn't get the hint. I literally let him talk to me for about 15 minutes without ever even looking at him or responding. He was obviously nuts because I saw him milling about the place and terrorizing other peeps for another 4 hours or so.

Now, I don't want to say that I don't want some people to chill out a bit, because I have met a lot of good people that way, but when dudes are just hanging out for 30mins to a couple of hours what do you do?

ask if you can help them with anything, or if they are planning on purcahsing anything if its been that long, and im sure they will get the hint, and if not tell them to get out. if theire not botheriung you or your customers though, i wouldnt see a problem, just a little weird.

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

yeah, i can imagine the garage attracts that kind thing.

plus all the harvard kids... eeep!

but seriously, when i was a bar tender we had to deal with much the same thing, if acting busy didn't work, security did.

now that i think of it proletariat, i'm wearing one of your t's today, the prudential/gun one.

i tried to contact you once before to talk about partnership possibilities with a project of mine, but i didn't hear back from you, perhaps I should PM or email you again, let me know.

Yeah LanceP, I was trying to remember if you were in here during that dudes show or not. That dude was fucking crazy. Straight up, legitimately crazy. I didn't leave last night until about 9 pm and he was strolling about the place bothering everyone in sight. Then when I got on the T I saw him walking someone to the T where they bought a token and left him at the turnstyle. Then the dude who bought the token watched the guy meet up with someone new and he then walked back through the turnstyle to go about his biz. How sad is it that someone would spend $1.25 and risk having to get on a train to nowhere just to get rid of you? And agian, I did not and do not ever want to know or see that guy again.

As for you Danzarella, send me a PM because I don't remember hearing anything about a project.

yo i get loads of people .. yesterday some mad bastard stood by a 100W speaker blasting my jungle cd ear right up against the speaker screaming out loud ever 5 seconds or so!! then walking round the floor randomly shouting a screaming...... then you get the stupid fucking scene kids who just sit in the chairs for like hours... and they young kids start gettin intimate on the chairs, old me who fall asleep on them! once i had this boring motherfucker who i'd never seen before that start talking to me about the most boring shit ever for like an hour plus. theres a dude that comes in and speaks to the guy on g-star for like 2 hours and NEVER buys anything.. the list is endless.... and we cant just kick them out..

SUPERJUNKIE

Quote:

yo i get loads of people .. yesterday some mad bastard stood by a 100W speaker blasting my jungle cd ear right up against the speaker screaming out loud ever 5 seconds or so!! then walking round the floor randomly shouting a screaming...... then you get the stupid fucking scene kids who just sit in the chairs for like hours... and they young kids start gettin intimate on the chairs, old me who fall asleep on them! once i had this boring motherfucker who i'd never seen before that start talking to me about the most boring shit ever for like an hour plus. theres a dude that comes in and speaks to the guy on g-star for like 2 hours and NEVER buys anything.. the list is endless.... and we cant just kick them out..

--- Original message by witts on Mar 2, 2006 02:47 PM

Yeah, happens. But I've found that sometimes those guys that never buy anything will be spreading the word (um, Selfridges doesn't really need that, I'm guessing) and getting people that will actually drop some money. Anyway, from my (very limited experience) on the retail floor (I did mostly backroom stuff), that's what I saw anyway. Besides, while it's sometimes more fun to just surf the net or chat on the phone, talking to random dudes (for some reason, it's usually dudes) is great! It's like the internet, but in real life. Again, just my opinion, and I was never working the floor long enough to get annoyed.

My crazies are the old drunken homeless people who live in a nearby park. I always just tell them to leave. If they are crazy I just call the police without hesitation. In our area you gight against all the negatives about price and product enough without the drunks and crazies ruining your shit. So, it really hurts if you get a wild one. I have women trying on Edwin last week when someone walked in and asked if we sold cats. Yes. Cats. While I was trying to sell nice denim. I hate the crazies.

Quote:

My crazies are the old drunken homeless people who live in a nearby park. I always just tell them to leave. If they are crazy I just call the police without hesitation. In our area you gight against all the negatives about price and product enough without the drunks and crazies ruining your shit. So, it really hurts if you get a wild one. I have women trying on Edwin last week when someone walked in and asked if we sold cats. Yes. Cats. While I was trying to sell nice denim. I hate the crazies.

--- Original message by RedBouncyThing on Mar 2, 2006 07:39 PM

i had this tall-ass mutha fucka come in a little over a week ago [day or two before the big powerball drawing]...dude was this huge, 6-4 red haired crazy cat without front teeth, completely wasted at like 11 in the morning...stumbled in and made an offer for our entire stocka cool 14 mil....left me with a 22 ouncer of rum and coke, and a few pics of him pointing to his crotch....

fuck callin the cops, make a joke outta it....i love the crazies and homeless in p-town....that's all i use for models now

www.hecklewood.com

Quote:
Quote:

Selfridges , Birmingham

www.selfridges.com

--- Original message by witts on Mar 2, 2006 03:20 PM

Ha, I was in there the other week (Last Thursday).

Which section/brands did you work around?

--- Original message by Tabris on Mar 2, 2006 04:15 PM

adidas, nike, puma, kappa, rip curl, oniel, 55 dsl, carhartt, cheif de ville, bench.

i did work on the skate dept. but seen as though theyre not gonna bring in anymore skate brands. gonna go work for mens. 2nd floor

SUPERJUNKIE

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Selfridges , Birmingham

www.selfridges.com

--- Original message by witts on Mar 2, 2006 03:20 PM

Ha, I was in there the other week (Last Thursday).

Which section/brands did you work around?

--- Original message by Tabris on Mar 2, 2006 04:15 PM

adidas, nike, puma, kappa, rip curl, oniel, 55 dsl, carhartt, cheif de ville, bench.

i did work on the skate dept. but seen as though theyre not gonna bring in anymore skate brands. gonna go work for mens. 2nd floor

--- Original message by witts on Mar 3, 2006 05:37 AM

Ah, fair enough.

I noticed that a couple of staff there were wearing Nudies on second floor the day I was there.