What I hate about American Apparel Stores

JOSHBEE

I dont think that theses sizing issues apply to all the tees, but Im not sure why. It was my fault for not trying shit on in the firstplace. (But who the fuck wants to try on a tshirt?)

Is anyone else with me that they have the hottest little girls that work there?icon_smile_question.gificon_smile.gif

i feel like a pedophile walking into AA stores. those girls working there look 15. it's interesting to see how the american apparel brand has taken a life all its own with a defined look. it seems when they started, they were out to just make basic clothes for which other companies could use to add their band logo or whatever instead of using sweatshop Tees.

Quote:

i feel like a pedophile walking into AA stores. those girls working there look 15. it's interesting to see how the american apparel brand has taken a life all its own with a defined look. it seems when they started, they were out to just make basic clothes for which other companies could use to add their band logo or whatever instead of using sweatshop Tees.

--- Original message by giantreptile on Mar 2, 2006 11:38 AM

they've always pushed that aesthetic, it didn't just develop, they work hard to develop that retro hipster look.

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

Quote:

no hot girls or guys at the aa in berlin. just anorexic wrinkly people. people here have bony asses so it is not tight on them, it hangs loose!

--- Original message by holly go lightly on Mar 2, 2006 11:56 AM

doesnt everyone in Berlin look like that?

American Aparell, while positively changing the attention paid to fit in basic tees, needs to work on quality issues/sizing issues.

But thumbs up to in-store hotties.

tangerine

the other thing you have to remember about some things like US steel, not sure about this specific example but some of these names are either really old (before trademark laws evolved to what they are today) or are just company names and would have trouble protecting themselves against a product labelled similarly.

I do not understand how you cannot understand my last post. If not surely you could have read through minya's wikipedia listing.

Well excuse me! Excuse me...

johninger,

I am sorry for having belabored the point. I do see now why you are questioning why they were able to trademark a very generic and, in wikipedia's term, descriptive name. My point of reference was that there appears to be so much legal precedent for descriptive trademarks that I didn't at first understand why you were questioning it. Thanks for taking the time to clarify your point of view.

ask a cassowary

I didn't want to start a new thread on it, but anyone have any opinions on their outlet stores? I'm wondering if the prices are worth the 45 minute drive it would take me to get there. They are the same products, right?

I had gone to the outlet store in Woodbury Commons last June. Pretty much all the stuff seemed priced at 50% off retail, hoodies were around $23 i think, shirts at $8. Some of the stuff might be irregular, I can't remember, but if they were the flaws werent obvious. The thing was, at least when I went, they had very limited selection, they had maybe 2 zip hoodie colors in my size, maybe one non zip, and not than many shirts both in my size (m) and nice colored. I really only like AA shirts and hoodies anyway though, so maybe the rest of the stuff had better selection but likely not. I know some people say not to buy AA online because of variance in quality/fit, but the outlet wasn't that great of a deal because the prices were around the same as getting the stuff at wholesale individual prices from places such as ebay, oneoffclothing.com or local screenprinters.