Comme Des Garcons and eBay...authenticity?

Carl

my general rule of thumb is that if it comes from China, it's not authentic haha.

Especially the Bape hoodies for $2.99

I been rappin' for about 17 years..

I don't write my stuff anymore,

I just kick it from my head you know what I'm sayin I can do that.

No disrespect... but that's how I am.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bathing-Ape-BAPE-Baby-Milo-Kaws-NIB-hoody-jacket-L-RARE_W0QQitemZ8385556646QQcategoryZ57988QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

haha best I could find for now.

I've seen the shark hoodie go for SO CHEAP from Hong Kong though

ridiculous.

I love how they mention that it's brand new, in bag, etc.

but never that it's authentic. *sigh*

most likely fake unless the seller claims ZOMG 1000% real or 2X money back!

You're less likely to get fakes from HK (as opposed to china) but still, everything that people like can be reproduced in China so I wouldn't risk it.

damn I'd buy that fake bape hoodie just to mock some of the "head-to-toe" bape geeks that hang around

Guest Fade to Black

It looks legit to me. I don't think CdG is one of those brands that warrants being faked, to be honest...as a general rule of thumb, yes if it's from Hong Kong you should be cautious, but it's not necessarily fake, a lot of designer shit you see on HK Yahoo auctions and what not were probably just bought from Joyce or the reseller shops.

Quote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bathing-Ape-BAPE-Baby-Milo-Kaws-NIB-hoody-jacket-L-RARE_W0QQitemZ8385556646QQcategoryZ57988QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

haha best I could find for now.

I've seen the shark hoodie go for SO CHEAP from Hong Kong though

ridiculous.

--- Original message by naturaljax on Feb 17, 2006 12:48 AM

haha, I love his descriptiong "people ask me where I got the jacket" ahhaha, stupid mofo...

-I felt good times come, i thought they stay

angels came, but they left today.

hotel motel its hot in hell

now i am left with no home-

Quote:

So i just wanna verify with people far more knowledgeable then myself.

All of these "Play" shirts:

66_1.JPG

...coming from Hong Kong are fake, right? My best guess is they are.

If not, then damn is that one sweet long sleeve im gonna be getting.

--- Original message by Carl on Feb 17, 2006 12:15 AM

actually your guess is wrong~u know what~hong kong has their own cdg official store~and many people wearing them on the street~lolz u so ignorant~

also the guy who said items from china are not authentic~~look at those clothes u have in your chest~i guess most of them are made in china~

people usually think china only sale fakes before they meet china~lolz

I don't think CdG is one of those brands that warrants being faked

I would've said that maybe 3-4 years ago, not now. CDG is pretty high profile these days so fakes have been proliferating the market for the past couple years now.

Edited by Circa on Feb 18, 2006 at 02:35 AM

what makes me wonder about these shirts is that the armpit to armpit claims to be 18 inches but its a size M. dont comme des garcons run a little more comfort/looser? i remember trying on a size S and it definitely wasnt armpit to armpit 18 inches.

any ideas? or is this particular shirt slim fitting

• 1 month later...
Quote:

It looks legit to me. I don't think CdG is one of those brands that warrants being faked, to be honest...as a general rule of thumb, yes if it's from Hong Kong you should be cautious, but it's not necessarily fake, a lot of designer shit you see on HK Yahoo auctions and what not were probably just bought from Joyce or the reseller shops.

--- Original message by Fade to Black on Feb 17, 2006 10:13 AM

typically, i'd agree with you... but then this past weekend, i checked out stanley market, and some shop was selling fake bape (nothing new), but also SUPREME and number (N)ine tees! i was thinking WTF?!?!

only HKD 88 (~USD 11.50) - what a bargain!

the supreme tee was obviously fake - but i don't have enough experience on N(N) to judge...

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

what you lot say about shit from HK or CHINA is bullshit.. you think that theres only poor peeps there who are rocking fake shit and re-selling? thats ridiculous. not all stuff peeps from there are selling is fake.

you gotta remember that in east asia the fashion has been tapping off of japan for a long time now.. and the kids who like there shit get a fuck load of import, and shop in jap bran boutiques in their cities..

obviously, 20quid for a bape hoodie is a joke.. but if you go to any market in the uk/us/anywhere theres people pushin fakes too...

its pretty ignorant to think that every person in china rocks fakes..

whats even more stupid is to think it when an incredibly large percentage of worlds manufacture is now done in china. so is the new BMW 5 series fake? doubt it.

i actually bought from one of the eBay sellers that sells a ton of CDG then i bought another tee shirt of the same kind from yoox and found out the eBay one was fake. the sizing is wrong, quality is wrong, and pretty much everything although its 20 dollars cheaper =p but for 20 dollars more i was happy to get the authentic stuff from yoox

• 1 month later...