Khaki Levis 501 STF pics thread

chris.tan

Hey guys so I just picked up a pair of khaki 501 stf's. I've owned a pair of the normal stf's and was wondering how these would fade. I've only seen one picture of a pair of khaki stf's and they were just soaked with no wear. My 501's seem indestructible so it'll be interesting to have a pair of khaki's that I can beat up., Anyone with khaki stf's feel free to post up your pics and share thoughts. I'll be posting my results with this pair as time goes along.

-T

x-post from the 501 thread

sup fellas, had some time off work today so I shrunk to fit my khaki STFs. These shrunk up A GOOD amount, more so than I expected. Measurements are posted below (pre and post)

Pre

waist 30.5

rise 12

back rise 15

thigh 12.25

inseam 33.25

knee 8.25

hem 8

waist 13.75

rise 11

back rise little over 13.5

thigh 11.5

inseam 30

knee no change

hem 7.5

Presoak, size 29x32

3804866665_4b43dc5d48.jpg

Postsoak

3804866649_1e350253fc.jpg

Dang...maybe its just cuz youve got some extra length with that cuff and all but those look much wider from the knee down than my current 501's. How'd you feel about the fit? Are these more narrow than the "old" 501 cut?

I pretty much retired my last 501's cuz they were too tight. You guys have any suggestions on how to soak these so the inseam shrinks but still find a way to keep room in the upper leg? Id like to be able to actually walk up a flight of stairs in this pair.

Finally got my pair in the mail today. I cold soaked the top of the khakis. Then I hot soaked from just above the knee and below. Hopefully I'll be able to keep plenty of room up top for my more athletic build while still shortening the total inseam. I also stretched the opening like crazy to make sure they don't taper down too narrow. I'd like to keep more of a true straight leg appearance with these. Unfortunately I don't have my camera right now. I'll post up pics when I do.

• 2 weeks later...