J stitch pictures and questions. What is it?

Sauce

Been reading for a while, and I've read a few posts about j stitches on the crotch and i have NO IDEA what it is even after reading the descriptions.

Can someone post up pictures or have a really easy way of describing what it is, and why you think it's important feature, and what is it that makes it look better or worse.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I think a lot of the j stitch discussion come from one of these two issues: rivets and fit.

As we know, some jeans have (or are supposed to have...) rivets along the crux of the j-stitch. This is sometimes a detail that is overlooked on some fake repro-s, OR are added to crappy jeans to make them look cooler (paper denim, I'm looking at you....)

In terms of fit, this is a baggy-butt sagging vs. proper fit issue. Many will argue that on a properly fitting pair of jeans, you shouldn't see any of the crotch seam below the j-stitching when looking at the jeans on somebody. If you do, its because the top-box or ass of the jeans is way too baggy and is actually sagging foward to the front of the jeans. The picture above is a good example of the stitching below the J NOT showing.

and I'm spent.....

Fuck....more shit to buy