Longboarders! Share the stoke!

Quinnskimo

You know, I've been wondering if this is the best way to go, too, but it seems flexy drop-throughs may end up being perfect for push-style races. Certainly drop-through to ease the legs fatigue-wise, not 100% clear on the flex, but it seems to be good for distance and the give is nice to my legs/feet.

The winner last year won on a Vanguard for what it's worth.

I stopped skateboarding because I kept hurting myself. Plus longboarding is way more chill, fast, flowy, and fun (to me). And I don't live near waves. So watch your ankles. Never ran into anybody anyhow...just a car or two. Probably will tackle somebody in NY though. Hopefully it's someone squishy and gunless.

This shit is wack.

Anyone saying anything different is just playing themselves

Never has been much love for the longboard here. Go share the vibe with 300+ people all about to take on the city streets and you'd probably think differenly but whatever, just don't get in my way.

• 1 month later...

skating is more fun, but i still use my longboard to get around and do errands and shit. superfuturians fuckin hate this shit though, you're not gonna get this thread off the ground.

also, never got the draw of the broadway bomb. it seems every year to be a mecca for 30-somethings trying way too hard to be obnoxious teenagers

to his defense, he looks like he's having a decent time.

i used to shortboard, but i found that i have way more cumulative fun not falling 10 times to land whatever trick i'm working on and instead getting deep into carves, feeling the acceleration of a well-timed pump, playing with equilibrium and center of gravity, sliding, and dodging traffic. the instant gratification of finally landing a fairly pointless trick didn't outweigh the frustration, comparatively speaking. i still like pulling a kickflip when i get my feet on a shortboard. i've only done it a handful of times since i quit skating, but it's funny, i usually land try it once, land it once, call myself lucky and walk away.

...but i found that i have way more cumulative fun [...] getting deep into carves, feeling the acceleration of a well-timed pump, playing with equilibrium and center of gravity, sliding, and [...]

go surfing asshole

i cant hate on bombing hills whether it be a shortboard or a longboard .. but obviously dude bros cruising around campus on long boards is lame. i ride either my z-flex cruiser board or my krooked zipzinger if im hill bombing.

this is a pretty sick video from Ari Marcopoulos. never took him as the longboarding type.

http://www.vimeo.com/1654340

id embed the video if i wasnt retarded ..

to his defense, he looks like he's having a decent time.

i used to shortboard, but i found that i have way more cumulative fun not falling 10 times to land whatever trick i'm working on and instead getting deep into carves, feeling the acceleration of a well-timed pump, playing with equilibrium and center of gravity, sliding, and dodging traffic. the instant gratification of finally landing a fairly pointless trick didn't outweigh the frustration, comparatively speaking. i still like pulling a kickflip when i get my feet on a shortboard. i've only done it a handful of times since i quit skating, but it's funny, i usually land try it once, land it once, call myself lucky and walk away.

skate a pool.

i cant hate on bombing hills whether it be a shortboard or a longboard .. but obviously dude bros cruising around campus on long boards is lame. i ride either my z-flex cruiser board or my krooked zipzinger if im hill bombing.

this is a pretty sick video from Ari Marcopoulos. never took him as the longboarding type.

http://www.vimeo.com/1654340

id embed the video if i wasnt retarded ..

Longboarding is only cool if you're going 40 MPH.

99 percent of people I've seen longboarding have never approached one fifth of that speed.

i'm usually cruising around on the flats at around 15mph. if i get some solid pavement and some green lights, i've gotten up to 22 on flat land. i ran into a pothole going that fast once; it's still plenty fast enough to suck pretty bad. Hills are another story. They're fun but I prefer sliding down them and keeping a realistic speed nowadays. If I had leathers or at least a helmet and some sliding gloves, I might look at them differently, but I am generally ill prepared for them. I fell going about 35 with no pads once and swore I'd never do that again. Still, performing a check slide going 25mph down a hill to keep from speeding up too much more feels like i'm pushing my luck, but it's just so damn fun. If i could ride a wave, i would.

i'm usually cruising around on the flats at around 15mph. if i get some solid pavement and some green lights, i've gotten up to 22 on flat land. i ran into a pothole going that fast once; it's still plenty fast enough to suck pretty bad. Hills are another story. They're fun but I prefer sliding down them and keeping a realistic speed nowadays. If I had leathers or at least a helmet and some sliding gloves, I might look at them differently, but I am generally ill prepared for them. I fell going about 35 with no pads once and swore I'd never do that again. Still, performing a check slide going 25mph down a hill to keep from speeding up too much more feels like i'm pushing my luck, but it's just so damn fun. If i could ride a wave, i would.

Weak.

Step your game up.

bleh, you do it. then tell me to step my game up. or post a video where you pull some kickflip to 5-0 to whatever the fuck and i'll be happy to shut up. i'm realistic about my speeds because i've been clocked. 25, 35, 40....ain't no joke on wheels with no pads. it'll get your heart pumping harder than any small set of stairs. i doubt you're out doing this:

crmV1nMF2Pw

which i'll be happy to admit is way gnarlier than going 25 during a handstand, but if he was running with the skateboard, he wasn't going any faster than 15 mph to make it