Clothes in Thailand?

jenzzzz

Hi!

I'm going to Thailand in about 2 weeks.

Is is someone in here who has been in Thailand and bought some clothes?

Do they have much sneakers in size 10-10,5? Converse, Vans, Puma, Adidas?

Do they have much slim fit jeans? Nudie, APC, Evisu, Diesel, Levis?

Take pictures on clothes from Thailand, please.

My english is not so good :/

Edited by jenzzzz on Feb 13, 2006 at 07:07 AM

Normal reatil Price for a normal Lacoste shirt is somwhere between 70 - 80 us dollars. Lacoste is one of the most copied brand in the world. Buying that in thailand is almost certain to be a fake. I am not saying they look bad, their are very good fakes. I am just saying that most likely they are not official.

I am the god of fake shopping in Thailand.... heh heh. I usually go twice a year. If you are in Bangkok, the night market in Patpong is amazing for clothes and bars, just don't EVER go to any "upstairs" bars. Patpong has decent watches, lots of Evisus and Diesels, Polo, and Lacoste (btw good quality Lacostes go for $2.50), Boss, etc.....its fun to look at all the fake shit because sometimes you can actually find pretty cool looking stuff (regardless of the label). Honestly, if you are going to Thailand to buy brands like Nudie, etc. a) you will probably never find them, and b.) you are wasting your trip. For nice daytime shopping, if you are in Pattaya (where you definitely need to visit) there is a shop called "Surf's Up" that is AMAZING. Pretty much the only place that sucks for shopping is Phuket, it is a bunch of Arabs trying to sell you fake Nikes for $100....assholes. Wherever you are, bargain your ass off........

the fashion is really nice in bangkok. i was surprised... a lot of the japanese labels are made there too. you can get really nice-quality t-shirts for $1 or $2. the design is sharp, and a lot of the stuff they sell in the markets isn't fake---the factories are all down there. stussy, fred perry, etc. it's as good as or is the real thing.

yeah bangkok has some of its own designers that aren't bad- not expensive either. like grayhound/playhound, issue?, wwa, etc. there's some stores that import japanese denim... and there's a lot of places that sell vintage levis. one of my friends bought me those ultra limited ridiculous indigo samurai jeans that don't fit me in bangkok. they have lots of stores that carry REAL denime, evisu, lee, levis, etc. look for these places on the ground floor of MBK. there's a store called "my mother is japanese" or something in siam square that carries japanese denim. as far as the slim fit stuff wouldn't be too sure. then there's all the fakes of course. if you buy anything from the large shopping malls it won't be fake, anything on the street is questionable although siam square stores *usually* have real stuff... or its priced accordingly if its fake. there has been a few "concept" stores that have popped up like the aformentioned playgroundstore.. most of those are in thong lo.

cosign on the fake shirts. they go for $5 and are very well made. wore mine for 5 years before they started to get holes in them (which i blame mostly on the terrible washers that chinese people use). just be sure to hang dry them though or they'll shrink (most people in thailand don't use dryers so they don't have this problem).

pattya sucks. unless you like to screw prostitutes.