Selvedge in Osaka, Japan..Thoughts?

pacioli

So my girlfriend is going to Osaka in March. Realizing what a denim mecca it is, I wonder what jeans and shops you recommend for her to help me get my first pair of dry jeans. I would like selvedge Japanese made garments (hope she won't have to run around town too much).

I am 5'6" wearing a 31W/32L Nudie washed RR. The inseam is maybe two inches too long.

My 30W/30L Rag & Bone one wash straightlegs fit perfectly.

My 31W Diesel Zathans also fit well, but are stretching.

I prefer low rise slight bootcuts because I'm not very tall and my not so well endowed derrier's not quite compatible with regular rises.

With that in mind, I would really love a pair of sweet smelling Sugar Canes. I realize they are meant to be worn on the waist so the rise a higher...but maybe you have a recommendation?

Any other suggestions are welcomed. Please help! My budget is 600USD for 2 or 3 garments.

Perhaps the Samurai Geisha jeans

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/ga0510lxx

The leg is straight, but roomy.... perhaps not slim enough for you? The rise is lower than the Zero Model.

16oz denim. With a pink shiny selvage line. 33 length - you'll probably need to take them up after shrinking them completely.

The denim is stiff, heavy and slubby... yeah.

_trinket

Those Samurai's look pretty good. Proportion-wise the rise looks right. I don't mind even a little bit higher. Pocketing looks pretty fancy. Any idea what would fit me based on my first post? (I'm going to do a search after this to get more info.)

Geowu--Yeah I realize the sweet 'Canes probz won't be the right cut for me...but think I should still pick one up (and which one)? To this denim noob, they have a very powerful appeal.

• 1 year later...

friend of a friend is going to osaka for a competition of some sort...and i'd be looking to get him to help me pick up a pair of jeans (or two, although not likely)

any places to recommend?

jeans i'm looking at include real mccoy (so the Real McCoy store in osaka is probably a must stop) and okinawa canes.

^^ A good place to look for Okinawa Canes (and a LOT of other things) would be the Hinoya outlet in Umeda.

The Evisu flagship store is a must even if you have no interest in picking up anything from there. Beautiful store, all wood interior.

The 45RPM store is a good place to drop by too, although it's a bit out of the way.