Is Julian Red a teenage brand?

john11f

teens here in sweden hasn't heard of it.. so i doubt they have in the rest of the world. most of our teens rock nudies/acne/seven/true religion, and so on..

i have calis with ken park wash. best jeans i own, no doubt..

knife chase..

Edited by iohan on Feb 9, 2006 at 07:48 AM

Quote:

How about the quality of denim? Is it anywhere near Sugarcanes, Samurai, Eternal, 45rpm, etc...?

--- Original message by john11f on Feb 9, 2006 01:36 AM

It is not Japanese denim and IMO, not as nice.

That said, I love my JR Calis, they fit great, the denim feels great, and quality is quite decent.

I really don't get it about the teenage thing... give me an example of a teenage brand?

ask a cassowary

Quote:

teens here in sweden hasn't heard of it.. so i doubt they have in the rest of the world. most of our teens rock nudies/acne/seven/true religion, and so on..

i have calis with ken park wash. best jeans i own, no doubt..

--- Original message by iohan on Feb 9, 2006 07:47 AM

Wrong

Well, ppl that are interested in clothing knows about them, but the regular WE, JL probably doesn't know about them yet, but they're fairly easy to get.

))<>((

Back and Forth. Forever

• 3 weeks later...

well sure there could be a lucky few who has widened their views, but the common teens 14-17 are more interested in grouptrends than clothing as a whole, and julian reds are not a part of any grouptrend as i see it.

but as you say, it could switch on us whenever.

knife chase..

Quote:

How about the quality of denim? Is it anywhere near Sugarcanes, Samurai, Eternal, 45rpm, etc...?

--- Original message by john11f on Feb 9, 2006 01:36 AM

Short answer = no, by far. But they are considerably cheaper. I'm not sure why you are comparing Julian Reds to repro brands anyway. They are different animals.

Perhaps it would be better to compare these jeans to jeans brands that have a more likeminded aesthetic in the same price range. I think that Julian Reds are nice, but not of the same quality as Nudies (which may be ubiquitous in Scandanavia, blah, blah, blah, but still). The quality of the denim seems better than most Acnes I've seen (I've not been at all impressed with the Acne's I've seen at all.) I think that at that pricepoint, and for similar cuts, A.P.C. and Engineered Garments offer much better value for the money

Quote:

tenh100switch > Restraining order, huh?

Edited by Heartworm on Mar 3, 2006 at 11:23 AM

--- Original message by Heartworm on Mar 3, 2006 11:18 AM

ha, I wish it was something exciting like that. I just don't know anyone that young and I'm not even sure how I could meet teenagers.