Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

kate moss and lea tisci :cool:

Tao Comme des Garçons Label to Close

Comme des Garçons announced today that one of their sub-labels, Tao Comme des Garçons, will close. Designed by Tao Kurihara, the womenswear line was founded in 2005; its spring 2011 collection, which was shown in Paris in October, will have been its last. "Tao wants to have a change of lifestyle and prefers to concentrate her creative energies on the ever popular label Tricot Comme des Garçons, shown in Tokyo twice a year," a Tao spokesperson told WWD. Kurihara has worked closely with Junya Watanabe at Comme des Garçons since she graduated from Central St. Martins in 1997. Tao was her first line for the company.

full article here

I'll see if i can have access to wwd.

& it would be interesting to have superfashion news

^^^ balenciaga f/w 10 was so good.

it was fucking horrible. clubwear for butches.

Who is designing the mens line
^the guy that designs the womenswear

why do people keep asking this question? a man can't do womens and menswear?

sure, like i said before, i wish his menswear was a little more fururo/robot-ish looking, but it's menswear... and it looks really good. the form-fused leather jacket in the marketplace (from this season is dope)

edit: savage science fiction, my apologies for being an asshole to you. sorry.

it was fucking horrible. clubwear for butches.

why do people keep asking this question? a man can't do womens and menswear?

sure, like i said before, i wish his menswear was a little more fururo/robot-ish looking, but it's menswear... and it looks really good. the form-fused leather jacket in the marketplace (from this season is dope)

only asking because I read somewhere a while ago that it was barnabe hardy and didnt know if he was still involved. Facts aside, the mens line has gotten a lot more interesting. The foam fused jacket is from fw/10 ?? What makes it clubwear for butches? I think it is pretty classic, with a futuristic undercurrent. Maybe not futuro - robo status yet but the fabrics and cuts are a subtle take.

I loved ss/11 too but i think that collection is more clubwear

^^ this shit: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=235945

the collection he designed for f/w 10 was my favourite from that season (regardless of the sex) (the block heels and the first five robot jackets with the mongolian fur were amazing. the chunky coloured chains/bracelets added a kid-ish yet funny touch to the outfits. the thick knits were really nice. a nice use of vintage/retro colours (or colourways). the laser cut mini skirts looked like something some slut/space warrior would've wore in a 80s film.

i liked his idea behind using the prints and the weirdly cut tops and quilted jackets are just dope..

every time i look at his ss11 collection, i just think about butches and :(

i'd wear the metallic purple boots but thats just because they're balenciaga/pierre hardy and thats pushing it. pierre is great shoe maker and i expect some really nice heels for the next collection.

ahhhhh.. Im talking about menswear! sorry for not being clear.

I meant mens f/w 10 was amazing, I wanted so many things. The photos don't do it justice, the fabric and fit are perfect.

In regards to the womens collections I agree i loved fw/10 also but also loved ss11, i have to admit I usually love all balenciaga womens no matter how different. The only one i wasnt so keen on was that drapey satin fall collection from a few seasons back

The fw10 block heels were outta control!! Balenciaga shoes are almost always the freshest/most directional shoes each season. SS11 was no exception. I actually really like the shoes you mention above and would love to own them too. I wonder if pierre will do a take on it for the upcoming mens collection

feel free to post some balenciaga prices in their thread! (close ups, stock pictures, in store pictures, etc)

ss11 sneakers

the sole of the bottom ones are ugly and the rest isnt better than the ones released in the previous seasons (the cork ones are my favourites, wiht the glow in the dark ones). the all white ones are good, but that's just because they're all white and they keep re-releasing them..

balenciagass2011menssho.jpg

already posted that video in it's respective thread.

as far as i'm a die hard gareth pugh fan, i'm not really amazed by this one (i prefer by far joie de vivre (f/w 10) or the one for s/s 10). i'd rather buy the old pieces than the recent ones.

at least, there will be a runway presentation.

& i want those overstylized club-kid monsters back.

Ah, my bad. I think I remembered someone posting one of his older videos in this thread so I figured it would be appropriate. I need to catch up on the designer threads. :|

I kind of agree with you that it wasn't his best video, but I personally still really like it.

I'll see if i can have access to wwd.

& it would be interesting to have superfashion news

full article:

PARIS — It was to be a short but sweet adventure for Tao Comme des Garçons.

Tao Kurihara, the Japanese designer behind the whimsical label, said Tuesday that she will stop creating the brand, just six years after first showing her creations.

“Tao wants to have a change of lifestyle and prefers to concentrate her creative energies on the ever-popular label Tricot Comme des Garçons, shown in Tokyo twice a year,†Comme des Garçons stated.

Adrian Joffe, chief executive officer of Comme des Garçons International, was not available to comment on the news.

Kurihara’s spring ready-to-wear collection, which showed in Paris in October and is currently arriving in stores, is her last.

Tao Comme des Garçons is sold in some 50 specialty stores worldwide, including Comme des Garçons boutiques. U.S. stockists include Barneys New York, If SoHo in New York City and Ikram in Chicago.

A spokesman for Parisian concept store Colette, one of the brand’s retailers, said creative director and buyer Sarah Lerfel was “speechless†when she heard the news, but did not wish to comment further.

Kurihara, a graduate of Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, was designer Junya Watanabe’s assistant for seven years before launching her own label. Watanabe had received similar protégé treatment from Comme des Garçons’ founder and designer Rei Kawakubo several years earlier and still creates his own collections for the avant-garde firm.

Kurihara is lauded for creating designs that combine pretty, feminine aspects with Japanese intensity.