Flight Club Apparel

This weekend, popular consignment sneaker shop, Flight Club, opened its third New York location, on the border of Soho and Nolita. While Flight Club originally only offered sneaker consignment, the Lafayette location takes the idea one step further by offering a selection of vintage apparel.

According men.style.com, most of the apparel “is vintage Polo Ralph Lauren, especially from the early nineties, including Polo Sport, Polo Bear, Polo Tech, and Polo Outdoorsman. No surprise, since it’s long been the gold standard for sneakerheads of all ages (not to mention guys nostalgic for long-lost high school gear). Other brands are limited but include the North Face, Prada, Supreme, Starter, and Patagonia, and, of course, a huge assortment of highly prized sneakers. “The idea is to be the ultimate closet for guys that are into this stuff,†says Flight Club’s Sky Gellatly.â€

flight-club-lafayette-1.jpg

Am I the only one who misses Clientele???

I might be able to dig this store as if it doesn't have FC's usual high ass prices

Any thoughts on this new store and good old Clientele???

Am I the only one who misses Clientele???

I might be able to dig this store as if it doesn't have FC's usual high ass prices

yes you probably are. one sneaker store with no sneaker accounts has been replaced by another one, can't imagine anyone shedding a tear on that one.

flight club's prices are set by the consignor although they've become pretty hoity-toity about what they'll accept. they'll also put a lot of pressure on to price it to move unless it's stupid rare/desirable.

wonder what jebbia thinks about reselling supreme a block away from his store?

Every so often in the beginning they had UK exclusives which was nice. Other than that they weren't really carrying anything you couldnt get within 5 blocks.

They made that Olympic, sporty looking t-shirt which I liked. They somehow always managed to employ 2 dicks for every 3 that worked there.