Caliroots shipping question

MikeN

took around 2 weeks for me.

somebody has mentioned that there is a way for US customers to avoid paying the VAT (some kind of custom fee, i believe)

does anyone know how this loophole works

so you guys are saying that the final price indicated on the final checkout screen isn't really what US customers are paying? man... i got shafted and paid the hefty $20 - 30(?) VAT!!!

Just got off the phone with them (the phone call probably cost more than the jeans).

The guy said that something I ordered was sold out, so they were waiting for it to come in. And it in fact came in today, so it will be shipping out on Monday. Jeez.

That is incorrect. Please read below (for Sweden):

---

All prices in Sweden include VAT, in most cases 25%.

Who gets the VAT refunded?

The first rule is that only enterprises/organizations can get the VAT repaid, not private persons. However, some enterprises are excluded: companies providing health care, banks, and insurance companies. Universities/schools get VAT repaid in most cases.

What is needed to get the VAT refunded?

an application form must be filled in and sent to the Special Tax Office in Sweden

the originals of invoices or comparable documents with specified VAT

members in the European Union should add a VAT Registration Certificate

members outside the European Union should add a Cooperation Certificate Registration that clearly shows business status.

All receipts, invoices or other documents should be in original, and explicitly specify the VAT. The sums should bein SEK; if presented in other currency, the rate of exchange should be stated.

sales slips or receipts from credit cards are not accepted.

Back home the application has to be filled in and signed by the applicant/person authorized to sign for the company/authorized agent. In order to ensure an expeditious processing of a claim, please make sure that the documents listed above are enclosed. An application must be sent no later than six months after the end of the calendar year to which it refers. The Special Tax Office will investigate your application. VAT will be refunded as soon as possible. Payment can be made to your bank account. It is very important to fill in the complete name, address and bank code including SWIFT code and account-holder.

Too many people talk too much about too many things they know too little about.