Super Smash Bros

tylortakahisa

naw, the only tournament i've played at was at ucla. it was 3 stock 3 min 2v2's. the only problem i have with tournaments is the tv shit. we play on a 37' lcd so its a weird shift to crt monitors cause of the speed/lag.

ive kinda regressed though since a bunch of us stopped playing to improve and just play for fun now. currently rocking double pikachu in 2v2's. ill have to come play sometime when i go home for a weekend, i live around the uci-newport border

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brawl got pretty boring after a while. Melee I could play for years and years.

Never got the serious business about Smash Bros. People took the random matches in Brawl online too seriously, it wasn't even ranked and yet people would play those 2 minute games like their lives depended on it.

I nearly always play for fun, but I could easily hold my own against people who played seriously. My only problem was turtles who I'd find boring as fuck to play. Or the game would turn into a shield/dodge fest until someone made a grab.

• 1 month later...
How do you cancel aerials like you kept doing with Samus's dair? Or does she just recover fast from it?

Samus's aerials, even when fastfallen, have virtually no landing lag.. this is the result of a physical phenomenon dubbed "autocancelling". it's a dumbed-down version of L-canceling from the previous smash games

good shit on last stock branespload

thanks i still lost because horrible DI on hi knockback moves at the edge with under 100% :(

brawl is so fucking broken I hate it.

which makes winning with bottom tier characters in a horribly unbalanced game that much more satisfying

which makes winning with bottom tier characters in a horribly unbalanced game that much more satisfying

i've had people physically threaten me after i've throttled them using lucas, all i have to do is get you at 60-70% and then get one good hit and you're done

not sure about wario being 3rd, could just be hype. It's amazing to see Sonic go +8 in tiers from low/bottom to mid/low. Samus is down 3 places but I guess bottom tier was divided further so she's bottom of low tier. yayuh.

• 1 month later...

here's me sandbagging vs billy until billy pulls this amazing WTF combo

up B to fastfall fair to utilt to force me off platform from the shieldpush into an ftilt tap reset to charge shot to dash attack to jab combo to footstool KO WTFFFF BILLY

9wWls945EII

I started w/ Snake then got to the point where I could easily beat anyone with any character, save for a select few ones i just can't ever get to work

in all honesty, me playing any of u in this would be akin to the omnipotent Magneto tearing through countless dispensable, no-name X-Men

• 2 weeks later...

internet smash kinda sucks from what i hear. never tried it though. im currently subletting in LA with a roommate who only plays n64 smash tho, gettting my retro-smash skills back. always instinctively trying to air dodge and spot dodge but instead i get hit by projectiles

^ I roomed w/ Sethlon from TX during west coast smash league, he's prob the best Roy in the world.

ahT84oyCSFk

@cure: lol iono man maybe if i have a lil smashfest of some sort, seems unlikely tho. i can prob play w/ u on wifi tho, lag shouldnt be that bad..

bH_DVo4oZ8g

Highlights from a wifi session w/ another Samus main. I'm the pink one in every clip, either "z-air" or "HugS" (im not really HugS but he let me use that tag IRL haha)

EDIT: apologize for strange music choice, and sorry there are less highlights from me.. I didn't make the clip so obv this du is gonna make himself look better mwuhahah