Swine flu

Mr Waffles

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SARS and bird flu never came to all that much, relatively speaking. It's probable that this will go the same way. Hopefully, at least.

Also, I can't believe no one has said:

'Brings a whole new meaning to the expression "sick as a pig".'

So I had to say it.

Hur hur hur.

Israeli official: Swine flu name offensive

3 hours ago

JERUSALEM (AP) — The outbreak of swine flu should be renamed "Mexican" influenza in deference to Muslim and Jewish sensitivities over pork, said an Israeli health official Monday.

Deputy Health Minister Yakov Litzman said the reference to pigs is offensive to both religions and "we should call this Mexican flu and not swine flu," he told a news conference at a hospital in central Israel.

Both Judaism and Islam consider pigs unclean and forbid the eating of pork products.

Scientists are unsure where the new swine flu virus originally emerged, though it was identifed first in the United States. They say there is nothing about the virus that makes it "Mexican" and worry such a label would be stigmatizing.

Two Israelis who recently visited Mexico have been hospitalized with symptoms of the flu. Health authorities have not yet confirmed whether they actually have the virus.

The current strain of swine flu is thought to have originated in Mexico where more than 100 people have been killed by the disease so far.

Laboratories in the U.S. and Canada have confirmed that of the samples tested so far, the swine flu virus in Mexico and U.S. appear to be the same.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

I'm hoping Falafel Flu is next

it's gotta be america creating a virus to kill mexican and then put an embargo making american product the only reliable source of food for the whole south america

... (5)

i don't care at all, price will go down, i'll eat more hence being happier.

apparently, this virus is so new that nobody has any resistance yet. Normally, the groups that are vulnerable to a flu are children and very old people, but here, I read, the age group in danger of getting contaminated is people between 20 and 40.

SUFU'S IN DANGER

i must have missed it in the monthly newsletter...always leaving us girls out cause they think we cant handle shit. fuckers.

I think we all know it's Al Qaeda that's responsible for this.

al-qaeda.jpg

INFIDELS!