welp my day got ruined

6ixes&7evens

I just ran out of the office to grab a coffee and the adjacent high school just let out for the day so it's a shitstorm of kids in the street. First warm day in NYC, Friday, start of a holiday weekend and everyone's going nuts. These kids are all skating, going to play bball, loitering and shooting the shit, eating junk food, and prolly going to get tow up tonight and dick around until 2am. Some might go to a party and get the d wet, some might just get stoned and play video games with their friends. No pretentious art gallery parties. No NYC fashion week BS. No overrated movies or overpriced restaurants with 2 hours waits. No waxing intellectual about OFWGKTA or debating the awesomeness of Visvim vs White Mountaineering on the internet. I will never be able to feel what these kids feel right now for the rest of my life, aside from reminiscing about easier times.

Getting old really does suck.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ran out of the office to grab a coffee and the adjacent high school just let out for the day so it's a shitstorm of kids in the street. First warm day in NYC, Friday, start of a holiday weekend and everyone's going nuts. These kids are all skating, going to play bball, loitering and shooting the shit, eating junk food, and prolly going to get tow up tonight and dick around until 2am. Some might go to a party and get the d wet, some might just get stoned and play video games with their friends. No pretentious art gallery parties. No NYC fashion week BS. No overrated movies or overpriced restaurants with 2 hours waits. No waxing intellectual about OFWGKTA or debating the awesomeness of Visvim vs White Mountaineering on the internet. I will never be able to feel what these kids feel right now for the rest of my life, aside from reminiscing about easier times.

aren't you like <30?

u dum.

you actively choose to argue about shit on the internet and spend money on clothes and go to pretentious art gallery asshole parties. there's literally nothing at all stopping you from getting drunk with some friends on friday, waking up saturday and skating all day, going home to play videogames and then make out with some girl after your first date.

i'll never say that getting old doesn't suck, and it's hard not to be wistful about shit like this, but jesus if you think the shit you're interested in is the worst part about getting old maybe it's time to change your interests.

the difference between us and them is we get to do both. like clopek said we can still skate and get high and play video games and fuck girls (well, girl, cause you are married if im not mistaken), but the difference is, i dont have to drink 40s anymore, my weed is better, i dont live with my parents, and school is a choice instead of something mandatory. i like getting older. i sharpen up more every year. my gear gets nicer, my relationship gets better with my girl and my family, i live in nicer places, i travel farther away... let the little kids be kids, and we'll do the big boy shit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Can't find appropriate thread...but I'm pretty pissed off.

Turned in a draft of a paper. Get back corrections from teacher with a grade of A- on it. Turned in my final copy only to get a C+. So I correct your criticisms and my paper gets some 20 odd points worse...?

rookie mistake. you handed in too good of a draft. the key is, you hand in a turrrible draft so that your final paper looks exponentially better. profit.