Visvim Decoy Duck Boots

englandmj7

Quote: why you'd spend $200+ on these and not $50 for a pair from any outdoorsman-supply store is beyond me.

Goddamn you Minya and your anti-Visvim nonsensical rants.........The reason people spend more on Visvims is because of quality and style; the exact same reason why you might spend $400 on a Supreme M-65 when you could have found an almost equally suitable one at a surplus for $50.......I buy Visvim because the quality is unparalelled. I have a huge wardbrobe of designer dress shoes, in every brand you can name and Visvim is right up there with the best.......This pair specifically is different than a simple outdoorsman duck boot because the toe cap is butter soft leather, not cheap rubber, the shoe is ridiculously comfortable, built to last, handmade and utilizes the most modern materials...........No one redefines classics like Visvim.....come one man they took Boat shoes, Navajo moccasins, huge 1950's style hiking boots and duck hunting boots (not to mention many more) and made them their own; made them fucking well at that. Buy a pair and I am telling you, you will stare at them for quite some time in admiration of the craftsmanship.......

mbllkp.jpg

icon_smile.gif

Edited by englandmj7 on Jan 21, 2006 at 08:08 PM

Well, I have no doubt that the Visvim one is superior in terms of materials... that's good that the toe is made of leather, and not rubber... but... they're still painfully ugly. icon_smile_tongue.gif

I just don't see how they can be fashionable at all. Some military/workwear stuff looks really good, but I don't think these fall into that category.

Quote: btw, englandmj7, I'm not "anti-Visvim" at all (although maybe you were just being facetious, I can't tell). I like a lot of what they're doing. Just not the backpacks or those boots.

Heh heh.....yeah, I was just messing a bit.................either way, even if you don't like some of their stuff, you have to acknowledge that they do make some nice shit also..........

I can understand your quip with the duck boots though.......but the backpack........is amazing!

icon_smile_wink.gif