A Noob with too much starch! haha

SoloC

Experiment update:

It is a Pre-Srunked Levi's 501 Limited Edition from S.F Levi's town.

Worn for almost 20 days.....washed everyweekend from last christmas...but the washing will cut down a lot from now on...... Now pictures.

PICT7816_resize.jpgPICT7817_resize.jpg

PICT7819_resize.jpgPICT7820_resize.jpg

Mysignature.jpgicon_smile_cool.gif

Edited by SoloC on Feb 10, 2006 at 12:02 AM

Edited by SoloC on Feb 10, 2006 at 12:02 AM

Edited by SoloC on Feb 10, 2006 at 12:04 AM

I know it's just an experiment....untill I get my hands on a pair off raw denim in japan this summer (I think...) I can practice.... However, I do have a question about how should one wear their jeans. I don't know how high or low should I wear a straight leg like this 501. If I really need to buy, how tight should I choose? Some said barely close all the bottons. Some wear their jeans kinda loose and it looks great too. I don't know........skdafa;owdfhq283purwqebr1293 It is confusing....

Mysignature.jpgicon_smile_cool.gif

Kapy: I learned to hang it like this when I over strach my jeans. First, buy urself some plastic hanger with two little hooks on both side form target....blah blah.. Then open up a botton in your jeans and put the middle of the hanger in between the gap. Finally close the botton. After that use the hooks on both side to support the belt loop on the left and right. I hope you can understand what I am saying.

Edited by SoloC on Feb 10, 2006 at 12:35 AM

• 5 months later...

I have a quick question concerning starching. Everyone says that starching helps the wear process b/c it makes jeans stiffer, etc.... My question is that will the film of starch somewhat protect the jeans from fading also? It's like covering your jeans with an invisible layer of protection and you would have to work harder to get past that layer before you can put wear on your jeans. But if this is the case, then why use starch in the first place? Is starching only good for getting defined creases then? Seems like I've worked myself into some sort of paradox... maybe someone can explain.

ahhh... the superdilemma of our time. traditionally starch was used by cowboys as a dirt shield, and to keep that stylish center crease. so, yes, it seems that it would slow fading. ive stopped starching, and have seen no real difference in the creases in my jeans. i also skate and sweat alot, and that seem to give some stiffness to them.

they won't give you skin cancer, if that's what you're asking. they might however make you feel like never wearing a pair of pants again...

Thanks for the info, Ill try it when i get my hands on some.

Also, wouldn't saoking it in starch give it a similar effect to washing, not in removal of dirt, or smell, but rather in making the denim more fuzzy than shiny? Thanks again for the help.

I have a quick question concerning starching. Everyone says that starching helps the wear process b/c it makes jeans stiffer, etc.... My question is that will the film of starch somewhat protect the jeans from fading also? It's like covering your jeans with an invisible layer of protection and you would have to work harder to get past that layer before you can put wear on your jeans. But if this is the case, then why use starch in the first place? Is starching only good for getting defined creases then? Seems like I've worked myself into some sort of paradox... maybe someone can explain.

when you starch the denim, it becomes stiffer which means that there is more pressure pressing the denim against itself, other stuff. think of it as the difference between rubbing a pair of jeans with a rock with the jeans on a pillow and the jeans on a sidewalk; with the jeans stiffer they "resist" more and press against everything more rather than just molding to the shape caused by the pressure. the starch might keep the dirt away but it's a very thin layer. what it really does it get absorbed into the fibers of the denim and not allow dirt to become entangled into the fibers.

that's how i see it anyways.