Red Monkey Jeans/Company Clothing---pulled from stores?

Kustim

My homeboy told me that he was in Genesis with a friend purchasing a Leather Pelle Pelle and one of the workers in there told him when spoke about, that Red Monkey lost their license to manufacture clothing and place them in stores, seeing how there is already a company with the name Red Monkey.....is this true? *Awaits JJ's input....the only way i know how to get in contact with him.... icon_smile_cool.gif

This means, that the stores that do have them left will be charging an arm & leg for them....taboo laws apply....icon_smile_wink.gif

Edited by Kustim on Jan 17, 2006 at 08:17 PM

I heard what supposedly happened was the main sales agent lost his right to sell it. He was an old Mecaa sales person and used the age old urbawear selling technique of flooding it into too many urban stores as oppsed to targeting higher end retailers to develop the brands image.

My best guess from that information is that the brand is trying to develop itself away from being an urban store burner like it was becoming.

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

RMC has not been pulled.......not at all

New styles due in two weeks

Just got the Red Monkey HATS.....denim truckers with the wave embroidery on them. Like them a lot actually. Much more understated than the jeans

-Bill

Fuck....more shit to buy

Bill: Considering the denim lines your store carries, it would be hard to consider it an "Urbanwear store", Maybe I wssn't clear about this earlier, but supposedly red mockey is being pulled out of the urban stores carrying it, and trying to beter target high end retailers and denim boutiques

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

Ahhh.....sorry, didn't get that part.

Very possible. I should be meeting with their creative director this week. I'll ask him if they are working on a different brand trajectory

-B

Fuck....more shit to buy

AS FOR RED MONKEY ...THE COMPANY IS STILL IN BUSINESS..OPERATING OUT OF ASIA...AND WILL BEGIN TO BRING NEW AND EXCITING PRODUCT WHICH YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.BACK INTO THE STATES....AS FOR THE SALESMAN...."NOT TRUE"....WERE DO U GET YOU INFO FROM.??? ....GO LOOK AT THE EVISU WEBSITE AND LOOK UP RETAILERS...THEY ARE ALL "URBAN STORES"....I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT STORES YOU WOULD CONSIDER AS "HIGHER END RETAILERS"..???

I can tell you this for certain:

Be on the look-out for some Red Monkey-Lotto collaborations. There will be VERY limited release RMC edition Lottos, and not-availible-for-sale lotto basketballs with the signature Red Monkey tidal wave stitching

Also availible right now at my store....(but also VERY limited) Red Monkey trucker hats....Three left as of Saturday morning

-B

Fuck....more shit to buy

Bill, did your store get, or will you're store be getting the Eric So RMCs with the red satin pockets?

Moo Moo: what you're saying isn't quite true. The difference between Evisu and RMC in the places I go between say DC and Philly is that Evisu is in many more denim bars and more respectable retailers. I have seen RMC almost exclusively in straight urbanwear stores, and only a handful of denim bars. Maybe it works better for Evisu in this manner because the Denim Bars, such as Fusion, Platinum, Untitled, & Atrium have exclusive reign over the EEE line while urban wear stores, such as Sammy's, Blue Jeans, Against All Odds, & Dr Denim, have a tighter grasp on the Heritage line.

The primary difference in those stores is pricing. I think Red Monkey did not like the idea of being in stores that make hunderd dollar plus bargains with EVERY single customer. Basically Any store where the RMC sales pitch is "I GIVE YOU GOOD PRICE" probably is not where red Monkey wants to be

Edited by jjs home on Jan 21, 2006 at 06:42 AM

Have not gotten the Eric So's yet, but I haven't gotten my spring order yet. I know we placed a good sized order with them, but don't have lots of specifics.

I will be sure to detail what we get and size availibility as soon as its out of the boxes

Fuck....more shit to buy

Quote:

Bill, did your store get, or will you're store be getting the Eric So RMCs with the red satin pockets?

Moo Moo: what you're saying isn't quite true. The difference between Evisu and RMC in the places I go between say DC and Philly is that Evisu is in many more denim bars and more respectable retailers. I have seen RMC almost exclusively in straight urbanwear stores, and only a handful of denim bars. Maybe it works better for Evisu in this manner because the Denim Bars, such as Fusion, Platinum, Untitled, & Atrium have exclusive reign over the EEE line while urban wear stores, such as Sammy's, Blue Jeans, Against All Odds, & Dr Denim, have a tighter grasp on the Heritage line.

The primary difference in those stores is pricing. I think Red Monkey did not like the idea of being in stores that make hunderd dollar plus bargains with EVERY single customer. Basically Any store where the RMC sales pitch is "I GIVE YOU GOOD PRICE" probably is not where red Monkey wants to be

--- Original message by jjs home on Jan 21, 2006 06:29 AM

"I give you a good price" .....LoL

I hate that line, I b like whatz good b, you don't think I got that.....

I'm down with the Movement---Cause I get it in....

Quote:

I was at Project in NYC, and I heard something like that involving legal buisness...dont really know much, but I can find out..

--- Original message by HUNCHBAK on Jan 20, 2006 01:59 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if there were legal issues with Red Monkey's name. I know that many of you have probably heard of Red Monkey Designs here in America. Torry Pendergrass (Who's family resides in my hometown of Yamhill, Oregon...of Roughly 900 people) has been making really high quality leather for years now. His stuff is rediculously well crafted and apparently has been selling pretty hot.

But I wondered if there would be any issues regarding the name of his business (www.redmonkeydesigns.com for those who are curious) and Red Monkey Jeans.

Interesting. Personally...I'd like to see some stuff from RMC that doesn't have hideous pocket stitching...something a bit more classic...but I guess that's their style and that's how they do things.

Because of that very same Red Monkey leather company, Red Monkey Company jeans are officially called "RMC Jeans" in the United States.

Kinda the same deal as Evisu only doing the red tab in Japan......Red Monkeys are advertised by that name in Asia, but only as RMC in the States

Fuck....more shit to buy