FS: NIB Apple iPhone 8GB 3G NO CONTRACT v.2.2 UNLOCKABLE! + Free Applecare

Boston.

I ordered this iPhone from AT&T directly with the intent to switch my carrier but the lack of AT&T service in my home area makes this this phone essentially worthless unless I'm tied to wifi and for that I'll keep my iPod touch.

This box has been opened and an ATT SIM card has been placed inside this phone by the ATT representative but it has never been activated on a plan and comes without any contract whatsoever! The plastic film is still intact on the phone!

Apple has released Firmware 2.2.1. which makes 3g iPhones unable to be unlocked and is irreversible so BEWARE buying any 3g iphones without knowing what Firmware it has on it otherwise you could end up with a phone that can't be unlocked. The phone you're bidding on is still using 2.2 and is thus UNLOCKABLE. Please visit the iphone development site at http://blog.iphone-dev.org for instructions on unlocking your phone.

This doesn't matter if you plan on using this phone on ATT and as soon as you plug this phone into iTunes you will have the option to fully update this phone since it is brand new from ATT.

These phones are going for a wide variation in prices on eBay - I'm sure if you're about to buy one you've looked for good prices. I've seen most ended auctions for $450-$550 for brand new iPhones like this one - I'd really just like to recoup as much of my cost as possible but as a special deal to SuFu I will send you the AppleCare I purchased with this for $69 at no extra cost.

v1goif2sac0va65rhwq.jpg

Opening Bid on eBay: $339

Good luck!