Fake 1937s on ebay???

rnrswitch

Yo check these out. I almost bought a pair of these. But just look at the pictures of those jeans. The selvedge line is completely fake. I feel sorry for the guy that wins this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEVI-201XX-501-RE-Buckle-Big-E-Vintage-Jeans-33W-34L_W0QQitemZ7735037968QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BTW i have never seen such blatant fakes. Usually the fakes have a real selvedge line, but with just crummy denim or a funky patch. Nor have i seen the 1937s faked.

Edited by rnrswitch on Jan 7, 2006 at 09:50 AM

THey are pretty good. They should have a blue selvage line and linen patch - but then Levi''s produced a 201 replica with a leather patch too. The back pocket stitching is completely wrong. But then Levi's made similar mistakes on some recent 201 replicas. While these fakes have some details better than others (the oilcloth guarantee patch looks good, and the brown sizing sticker looks like the LVC one) the details are further off (Back cinch, pockets, fake pink selvage, two horse patch) than many.

Edited by Paul T on Jan 7, 2006 at 04:19 PM

I wish i knew how to post pictures on this forum, but the seller sent me pictures of the leather patch and a closer up of the selvage from another pair he had. The leather patch looks very small compared to patches i have seen on other replicas and the selvage is very frayed.

Edited by rnrswitch on Jan 7, 2006 at 10:38 AM

Hey rnrswitch...I got the same pics. Look good to me. They may not be 1937 repros though. They may be a repro of another year. That may be the only mistake that seller has made here. I hope he doesn't file a lawsuit against you for calling his Levis fake without actually having proof beyond a shadow of a doubt...I might be prone to if someone told everyone my jeans were fake without knowing for sure. I would be real careful about what I post on any forum concerning items I don't know for sure about. If you don't think they are real then I guess stay away from them, and maybe ask others what they think, but be careful about actually calling them fake. Just some good advise...nothing personal.

My opinion...I would buy them...no problem. They seem to have all the criteria needed for authentic Levis. Toodaloo!

Kinda catchy isn't it? I wonder if there is a place anywhere with that name. I grew up with it being just another way to say Bye Bye....Toodaloo....Toodaloo. Might be kin to Timbuktu which I probably spelled it wrong but that is actually a place in Africa I think. I always used it as Timbuck2 or a place back in the sticks....if you really want to go farther into the sticks....Timbuck4 or 5 or so. Toodaloo!

Quote:

Hey rnrswitch...I got the same pics. Look good to me. They may not be 1937 repros though. They may be a repro of another year. That may be the only mistake that seller has made here. I hope he doesn't file a lawsuit against you for calling his Levis fake without actually having proof beyond a shadow of a doubt...I might be prone to if someone told everyone my jeans were fake without knowing for sure. I would be real careful about what I post on any forum concerning items I don't know for sure about. If you don't think they are real then I guess stay away from them, and maybe ask others what they think, but be careful about actually calling them fake. Just some good advise...nothing personal.

My opinion...I would buy them...no problem. They seem to have all the criteria needed for authentic Levis. Toodaloo!

--- Original message by bozoburner on Jan 7, 2006 01:04 PM

Wow. I have proof beyond a shadow of a doubt. Just look at the selvedge. My guess is bozoburner is the seller. If you aren't the seller, bozoburner, then go ahead and buy them and post pictures of you with them on. Then we can all laugh, cuz you blew $145 on fake levis.

Hah! It is him! I just checked my email and here is what i found. Hilarious. Bring it on deeter!

Quote: Dear Chris,

I was informed that you posted on another website that the jeans I am selling are fake.

These Levis I have were released to me by the United States Government as authentic and they are not in the habit of releasing fake name brand items, therefore I not only stand by my ad but will aggressively pursue any and all persons through legal action, that attempt to contravent my sales or through written or spoken slanderous words tell others these jeans are fake.

Just because you may believe you are a foremost authority on Levi Jeans, you fail to consider that Levi has produced thousands of repros in many different plants across the world, and they are not all the same.

If you don't want to do business with me that is fine, but I am warning you that if I discover any further pursuit by you to contravent my sales or slander my name, I will not hesitate to take any and all legal action necessary to make you cease. I would suggest you take any action necessary to delete your post on the other website as soon as you can.

Thank you,

Al

Yo. I suggest you pull those jeans off of ebay or atleast don't try to hock them as 1937 201xx repros. It is you that has slandered your own name by attempting to sell those jeans as something they are not. In case you haven't noticed you live in America and so do i, so, "Here's to free speech, buddy."

Edited by rnrswitch on Jan 7, 2006 at 04:32 PM

He emailed me too. So he lied about not being the seller, what a surprise. By the way Al, if you're going to try and intimidate people with your pathetic threats, it might be more effective if you used the word libel, not slander!

BTW I've emailed the bidder and the underbidder, informed eBay that the items are counterfeit, and if they don't take action I'll call a friend who tracks down counterfeits for Levi's.

Edited by Paul T on Jan 7, 2006 at 04:34 PM

Libel is printed and slander is verbal... right?

Quote: BTW I've emailed the bidder and the underbidder, informed eBay that the items are counterfeit, and if they don't take action I'll call a friend who tracks down counterfeits for Levi's.

Nice... it pays to be an actual expert who has written a book on denim.

Quote:

can he even sue for libel though?

--- Original message by witts on Jan 7, 2006 04:38 PM

Not when the accusations against him are true. He also has to prove an actual monetary loss.

It'll be CSI if this fool don't get off my back!!!!

BTW. Hey Paul T, since when has the US gov started giving out levi repros? I ain't ever heard of anything like that before.

Edited by rnrswitch on Jan 7, 2006 at 04:47 PM

Your still gonna have to pay up witts….problem is…..how can I collect? You guys need to settle down and get off you paranoia trip.

I contacted the seller and got the same info that rnrswitch got and evidently you did too witts. He turned me on to this forum after someone claimed his jeans were fake so I could be an informed buyer…good for him!

I spoke with the seller personally, and he told me he bought his jeans at a customs auction. He didn’t know where they came from exactly or why the government was selling them, but he explained that US Customs does not normally sell counterfeit goods to the public but rather have trained personnel to spot counterfeit stuff and it is either destroyed or exported out of the country, so he was pretty confident his jeans were ok.

He also checked all the items that Levi says to look for to spot counterfeit jeans and as far as he could tell, all was ok.

I think the seller is on the up and up especially with his great feedback rating. I certainly don’t think that he would intentionally sell fake jeans to anyone if he knew they were fake, but I also don’t think he’s going to simply take the word of someone who tells them they are fake without proper proof……I don’t blame him at all, and in my opinion I don’t think the jeans are fake. I also don’t blame the seller for being on anybody’s tail that out right says they are fake without evidence.

Sure the selvedge is frayed, but so what…….it’s not frayed past the redline, and the redline keeps the selvedge from fraying any further….right? I just simply don’t see what all your guys fuss is about…..everything else looks pretty good, and I’m certainly not going to go the extra mile without proof and say they are fake…..in my opinion I don’t think you guys should either.

You also need to say your sorry for calling me the seller….I am not the seller…..and again you have no proof even if I was….but there you go again…spouting off something you don’t know without evidence……yeah your real CSI material rnrswitch….geez!

I do have a question for you experts though….the seller told me the number 552 is on the back of the top botton……how about it witts? What is the 552? rnrswitch? 552?

Whoa. Never ceases to amaze. Hey I'm just gonna accept what the seller says as proof and not accept what my eyes tell me. The redline does not keep the selvage from fraying it is the fact that the denim should be woven on itself so it doesn't fray. The color is just to denote which brand is buying the denim from the factory. Once again. Please buy these jeans if you are not the seller and post some pics. Then we can all get a good laugh at you. If you want an expert. Paul T is an expert. Maybe you should pick up his book, _Denim: From cowboys to catwalks. It's a real good read and you might learn something. Because obviously this isn't your particular area of expertise.

Come on dim "witts" and "rnrswitch" back and forth....tell me what 552 means on the back of the top button if you are truly experts....yeah...right.

If you guys keep it up I will be forced to go into bozo burner mode....and you don't want that...heheheh.

bozoburner is my name and burning bozos is my game......heheheh....lets get ready to rumble bozos.

Either answer the question or quit spouting off your so called expertise about Levis.

Dood i don't know what it means, because it means nothing. The jeans are obviously fake and you are feeling a little hurt. Bozo burner is getting burnt up in here. Pulling some obscure fact out of your butt don't prove that those jeans are real.

Plus you could do a simple search of this website to show that 552 just means the jeans are double stitched, which the 1937s are not suppose to be.

Edited by rnrswitch on Jan 7, 2006 at 07:15 PM