Help with shoes to go with my suits: Black leather.

Sauce

Hi, I was wondering if you guys have some suggestions for black leather dress shoes to go with suits. I'm looking for something that is very acceptable (to meet with clients or go to court) yet with some style. I already have a cool pair of John Fluevog that would work, but I need another pair to rotate when I start to work. I'll take any recomendations for brand or a specific shoe.

Here are the requirements:

1) Appropriate for professional situations

2) Black leather

3) Must go with a suit

4) Stylish, either in the shape or some cool detail

5) Not too uncomfortable

6) Preferably under $300

Thanks.

those fluevogs would not be appropriate to wear with a business suit. the would look odd in an office environment and draw the wrong kind of attention.

you should buy a a classic model (oxford, brogue, etc) from an established maker of men's shoes (not a trendy label like fluevog). Alden and Church are two good companies always worth looking at.

when buying shoes, you should try them on with your suit pants, the cut of your pants will determine which shoes look best.

good luck.

thanks for your suggestions. those paul smith looks nice. As for some of the other suggestions: the shoes have to be formal enough to go court, so the "street meets formal" style ain't going to work.

Edited by Sauce on Jan 8, 2006 at 05:12 PM