Uniqlo S/S 09

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time i was in japan ('07) i picked up a S flannel from uniqlo and it fitted perfectly. this time they only had 'light flannel' so i copped one and its exactly the same except its a shitload thinner and the sleeves are about 5cm too short so i look like some dork. i still copped a few since you can't get them easily in aus. are they always irregular with sizing between years/seasons?

last time i was in japan ('07) i picked up a S flannel from uniqlo and it fitted perfectly. this time they only had 'light flannel' so i copped one and its exactly the same except its a shitload thinner and the sleeves are about 5cm too short so i look like some dork. i still copped a few since you can't get them easily in aus. are they always irregular with sizing between years/seasons?

not really, they've been remarkably consistent. though the light flannels look so crap i can't believe anyone actually tried them on...

not really, they've been remarkably consistent. though the light flannels look so crap i can't believe anyone actually tried them on...

weird, maybe my arms magically grew 2 inches longer. apart from my sleeve issue for 1950 yen or whatever they aren't that bad, some pretty shitty colours though.

I copped the only two decent light flannels that they did this past season. Purple with red, rusty-gold, & gray plaid

White with blue, navy and heathered gray

Only legit one's I saw. So I copped.

i haven't seen that purple/red one, will try and find.

They had some good basics, but for some reason no graphic Ts and much less selection than the NY store. The stores were also extremely plain (like night and day compared to the soho location) and very empty every time I went, which I guess explains why they all closed.

Jeans were 2 for $25, thermals were $6, and blank Ts were $3 for a while before they shut down. I copped for cheap.

the jersey stores were testers, much like the pop up shops they did around the city before the flagship opened. the intention was always for the soho location to be the one and only us location for a long, long time.

Just copped the new linen shirt in XS today, fit's and looks gooood.

Also saw some new dry selvedge denim on sale. Price looked good (£40) but the finish looked cheap. I wasn't feeling the contrast stitching on the very small back pockets and every fucking where else. Didn't try them on though, so maybe fit is good...

Just copped the new linen shirt in XS today, fit's and looks gooood.

Just saw this on the UK site. What colors looked good irl? You should post a fit pic of the XS. I'm thinking of phone ordering a white definatley and a few other colors, these could be perfect for beaters during the summer.

Also, How big at the chest flaps on the Uniqlo x OC Anorak? Anyone got a wear picture.

Just saw this on the UK site. What colors looked good irl? You should post a fit pic of the XS. I'm thinking of phone ordering a white definatley and a few other colors, these could be perfect for beaters during the summer.

Also, How big at the chest flaps on the Uniqlo x OC Anorak? Anyone got a wear picture.

I'll try to dependant on time tomorrow. I had a glance at some of the block colours but wasn't really looking properly so can't really help you there, the colours are all pretty mellow though. I was more interested in the patterned versions, so i got a blue stripe one.

They had some good basics, but for some reason no graphic Ts and much less selection than the NY store. The stores were also extremely plain (like night and day compared to the soho location) and very empty every time I went, which I guess explains why they all closed.

i only went to one, but it was kind of in a ghetto mall and stocked in a way to compete with the old navys of the world(*). it was kind of the same with the original soho pop-up, where i struggled to find anything worthwhile. also on an unrelated tangent, i'm bummed that nothing came out of the 66 north pop-up

anyway there were never any navy vintage chinos - jeeps, stop messin with people

(*) not sure if this is grammatically correct but whatevs

Good fit! Do you have measurements on the Uniqlo size x-small shirts?

Beware it's very big for an x-small. They were probably going for the looser cut seeing as it's a summery kind of linen. Uniqlo sizing is all over the place :mad:.

p2p: 21"

Shoulder to bottom: 25" (not the longest point)

Shoulder to sleeve tip: 24"

It's quite long at the back for me (i'm not very tall) so i'll probably hem it a little front and back.